Greek Mythology AU

Summary: In a surprising turn of events, Shayne finds out monsters are real.

A/N: Full disclosure, I used to LOVE Percy Jackson but I haven't read the books in 5 years so I'm going off of memory on this one. Most of it will probably be either incredibly copy wright or very inaccurate but enjoy!

Lightning flashed and the storm raged on as I chased after Noah up the steep incline of the grass covered hill. Water and mud sloshed beneath my feet and the rain soaked through my shirt, chilling me to the bone. I could barely see the path ahead of me and I didn't dare look behind me as I ran after my friend.

"We're almost there!" He yelled above the torrential downpour. "We just need to make it to the top Shayne!"

I nodded and forced myself to keep moving forward. Come on, you can do it Shayne, one foot in front of the other. I heard a roar from behind me and the hair on the back of my neck stood up as light night flashed across the sky again.

We had finally reached the top of the hill and Noah had stopped just beyond a large oak tree. I skidded to a stop next to him and look back down the hill behind us.

My brain could hardly comprehend what my eyes were seeing. A massive figure towering at what must be at least 15 feet was barreling up the hill towards us. I could see the muscles ripple beneath its orange tinged skin but I was far more taken aback by the one round eye in the center of its face.

The cyclops stopped barely ten feet in front of Noah and I as if he had hit an invisible barrier. I guess that's why Noah had wanted us to get to the top of the hill. Not thinking, and still in shook from the sight before me, I took a small step forward.

"Wait Shayne! Stay behind the tree!" Noah shouted, but it was too late, the monster was charging towards me.

This was it, I was going to die. At the hands of a freaking cyclops, which if you had told me two days ago was real, I wouldn't have believed you. I lifted my hands up in reflex to shield myself and I felt a surge of power shoot through me. The was a flash of light and I was thrown backwards several feet into the grass. The last thing I remember was Noah shouting "Shayne!" And then there was darkness.

***

"You really saw him shoot lightning out of his hands?"

"I already told you I did, Keith. Why do you always think I'm lying?"

"Jeez, I was just asking."

The voices floated through my sub-conscious and I blinked a few times as I came to. I was lying in a twin-sized bed in a brightly lit room. Noah was standing at the edge of my bed next to a dark-skinned boy in a black hat. I could also see a few other people were seated on couches to my left. There were two guys with brown hair, one of them looked to be in his early twenties while the other seemed to be in his mid-teens. There was also a girl with short blond hair who looked to be around my age as well. I tried to get up which caught their attention quickly.

"Woah woah woah. Take it easy there Shayne." Noah said, coming around the side of my bed and helping me to sit up against the pillows.

"How long was I out?" I asked, pushing my hair out of my eyes.

"Around 10 hours." Said the blond from the couch. She had come to stand next to Noah and had her arms crossed over her chest. "you were majorly KO-ed."

"Don't take this the wrong way, but who are you guys and where am I exactly?" I asked. Noah had said that we were headed to a safe place but we had been running for our lives at the time and he hadn't been too heavy handed with the details.