Epilogue

Micaiah knew he was screwed the second he looked into her eyes. The way his whole being came alive proved that even after all those years, she still had a strong hold over him.

Even after all those damn years. And it was quite evident, although he didn't want to admit it, that he had a strong hold over her too. But he wasn't going to dwell on either case because the moment had come for him to end this once and for all.

And yet with all the power he possessed, he couldn't bring himself to let go of her. After she had embraced him and transported him away from the others, they had appeared in a dark ruin. And in that ruin, they had remained in each other's arms. Just watching the other. Waiting for either one to make a move.

Mik knew he had to act soon, otherwise, Reina would be the death of him. If he didn't get himself straight, he wouldn't be able to hold himself back if she dared do something they'd both regret.

"You should've come with me," Mik couldn't help but say. Staring into her eyes, he knew he had to say something before he would never get the opportunity again.

Reina stared at the man in her arms. The only one who had dared to love her. She couldn't say she reciprocated the feeling, but the passion between them was just enough to assume so.

But deep down, she knew she didn't love him. She couldn't love him.

"You knew from the beginning that I wasn't one to love, yet you still fell anyway," Reina whispered, rubbing her nose against his. The shadows that were normally around her had disappeared at Et Kar's pre-command. He wanted her to be completely alone with Micaiah when she finally ended him. He wanted her to be the only witness.

Mik knew he shouldn't be enjoying this, but it was practically his last night with her. He hadn't seen her in years, searching for her like a starved maniac for nineteen years. So now that he had her so close, he wanted to enjoy little and enough at the same time.

Reina slid her hands across both of her lover's cheeks and leaned in to kiss him for the first time in years.

But for some reason that she - nor Mik for that matter - could comprehend, he pulled back.

The question in her black eyes didn't compare to the one burning to escape from his mouth. So in the end, he decided not to fight it.

"What didn't you let know me that we had a daughter?"

It took a moment for Reina to process the question. She had to admit that she was affected by his rejection, but she continued to caress his jaw as if it hadn't even happened.

"I asked you a question."

"You don't want to know the answer."

Micaiah's expression suddenly changed from an underlying passion to one dominated by wariness.

The Night Witch saw his sudden withdrawal and wanted to bring back the heated expression in his gaze. But she knew that he would not rest until she gave him an answer.

So she did. "I wanted to kill her."

Hearing this, Micaiah snatched her hands away from his face and gripped them tight enough to cause a bruise. His breath came out furious and his eyes glowed even brighter than they were already.

This would've made any normal being quiver and scream at the intense strength of his hands. But it only made Reina want him more.

She slowly let out a wicked smile. "I thought if she was born she would remind me of you."

Micaiah growled and shook her violently. "Liar. Tell me the truth."

The Night Witch's smile widened for a second but then dimmed as she let the truth slip. "I thought that she would be the one to set me free. I thought that monster would let me go and take the child instead if I made the right bargain."