•𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃•

Warning: Small mention of suicide and depression

I looked at Peter with exhausted eyes. My lungs burned as I opened my mouth to speak.
"Is that?"
"Yeah." He sighed, sounding defeated.
"This is bad isn't it?"
"Probably." He helped me to my feet and watched as the boat moved closer together, eventually fitting together perfectly and floating elegantly on the water. Peter's arm stayed wrapped around my waist while I weakly gripped his neck, swinging away from the boat and onto the top of a nearby building. I fell to the ground as my knees gave out, Peter crouching down beside me. I moved the hood and mask off my face, peeling my goggles off my sweat covered forehead.

"You okay? You don't look too good." I let out a painful chuckle.
"Thanks." I closed my eyes as my head grew dizzy and my chest hurt. "I think-I think I'll be okay. I'll just walk it off I guess." He let out a laugh as he took off his mask, leaning against the wall next to us. He helped me to sit on the ledge of the building, staring out at the glimmering water.
"Nice job, Peter. You really screwed up this time." Peter let out a sigh and I held his hand, neither of us looking back. "You hack into a million dollar suit, go behind my back, and now this happens. What were you thinking?"
"Are they all okay?" Peter didn't look back, just continued staring out at the sky with a glossy look.
"No thanks to you." Peter stood up, my movement too slow to grab his hand and stop him from doing anything irrational.
"I was the one who tried to tell you about these weapons deals. I've been trying to stop them for weeks now but you never listened to me! If you cared so much you'd actually be here!" Peter took a step back as the suit opened up, the familiar face of Tony Stark stepping out.

"Those FBI agents? Mine. What you don't get is that there are smarter ways of fighting these things than blindly running in with guns blazing." Peter looked down at the ground. "Everyone told me I was crazy, yah know. To recruit a 15 year old kid to fight with me. I believed in you when nobody else could and you completely ruined that." I stood up from the ground and stood to the side, walking a bit closer.
"I-It's not all his fault." The two turned towards me, legs dragging on the ground as I walked closer. "It was my idea to take them down."
"Y/N what are you doing?"
"Telling the truth." I looked to Peter with stern eyes. "He wanted to come in here and find out who was starting all this, but I was the one who thought we should take them out now. It was a stupid decision of mine." Tony looked at me with crossed arms.
"Yeah, but see, it seems you thought this through. You didn't go behind someone's back or blatantly lie to them. You know what you're doing." I backed up with wide eyes and a defeated sigh. Tony turned around and fixed the cuffs of his suit. "Yah know, I don't think this is going to be as good as I hoped. I need the suit back." Peter's head snapped up.
"F-For how long?"
"Forever." Tony voice was stern as his body turned towards me. "You, however. How'd you like to come work with me? We could maybe get you a better suit, although the one you have now is impressive for being built by a kid, maybe a spot on the team-"
"I won't go if he doesn't." The words tumbled out of my mouth before I could stop them. "I won't go if Peter doesn't go too." Peter looked shocked and confused at the same time. Tony just nodded.
"You know, I kind of admire that. I respect it even." He turned to walk back to the suit hovering above the building.
"Mr.Stark, please. This is all I have. Without this suit I'm nothing." Tony stopped and turned back around.
"Then I don't think you should have it." Tony put his glasses back on while Peter just looked at the ground.
"I'll uhm, need to change then." Tony just nodded and crossed his arms, standing to wait for Peter to change.
"Hey, Pete. Could you give me a lift?" I gave Peter a soft smile and rested a hand on my shoulder before he nodded, arm around my waist as he slowly lowered me to the ground. "I'll, uh, I'll wait for you by Delmar's okay? Maybe we can go get some ice cream." I put my hand on his cheek, his head leaning into it as he nodded. A weak smile appeared on his face as he looked at me, pulling me into a tight hug.

"You didn't have to do that for me, you know."
"Do what?" I pulled away and looked him in the eyes.
"Turn down such a big opportunity like that. You should have taken it."
"No. I wasn't going to do something if the person who made me want to help people wasn't going to be there with me. When my brother died I always felt like I could have done something, like someone could have done something. And man, if only you had been there just a year earlier, maybe you could have. Because if I couldn't save him, maybe I could save everyone else. And Tony was wrong when he said he was the only one who believed in you. I believed in you, and I still do."  He smiled at me and leaned his forehead against mine, letting out a sigh.
"Thank you. For being here."
"Anytime." Peter pulled away and walked in the opposite direction, moving to change out of his suit. I walked quickly towards an alleyway nearby where I stashed some extra clothes, changing quickly before grabbing the bag and heading down to Delmar's. I didn't know how long Peter would be but I waited on the corner anyway. The sky grew dark by the time I finally saw Peter come around the corner.

"I think all the ice cream shops are closed but maybe we can see about going somewhere else." Peter's eyes were glued to the ground while he shook his head.
"No, it's fine. I'd rather just go home anyway." I nodded, although he couldn't see.
"Okay." I walked silently with Peter back to his apartment building. We finally made it up to his floor and stopped outside of his door. "I'll see you at school tomorrow?" He nodded. I put my hand on his cheek, making him tilt his head up to look at me. "Hey, look on the bright side. Homecoming is coming up, maybe this time something won't ruin the night." He let out a chuckle as I smiled at him. "You call me if you need anything, alright?" He nodded and closed his eyes for a moment.
"Bye, Pete."
"Bye, Y/N." He opened the door to his apartment, shutting the door slowly. Right before he turned away from me I saw tears welling in his eyes, making my stomach churn and my own eyes start to water. I hated seeing him like this, especially after he tried so hard to do something good. I simply wiped them off and walked out of the building, quickly going back to my apartment a few blocks away. I made my way into the apartment, opening the door and setting my backpack down.

"Sorry mom, I was out studying with Peter and forgot to call so-" I looked up and didn't see my mom, but my dad was sitting at the counter. "Dad? Where's mom?" My dad shook his head and I stared at him confused.
"She couldn't take it anymore I guess, having your brother gone."
"What are you talking about? Where is she?"
"Y/N-"
"No! Tell me where she is." He paused. "She overdosed on her medication this morning." My knees felt weak as my lungs went heavy.
"No." I fell to the ground. "No, no! No! Not her too!" I screamed and I cried, my dad coming over and holding me while I cried on the floor. Everything seemed so numb, like it didn't even matter anymore. I couldn't move. All I could do was cry.
I heard a small sob as my dad started crying, holding me tighter than he ever had before.
"They're gone. Both of them are gone."
It was the first time I'd ever heard my dad cry.
—————————
Sorry for the blast of emotions out of nowhere my hands just type things sometimes