•𝒻𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃•

I woke up the next morning by the sound of my alarm, rushing to get out of bed in pure excitement. I ran into the bathroom with my suitcase to change my clothes, hurriedly slipping on a pair of jeans and my decathlon polo and blazer. I looked at myself in the mirror before fixing my hair.

"Okay, you got this. You may have only been on the team for half a semester so far but yah know, you can do this." I straightened out the blazer and opened the door of the bathroom.
"Well don't you look snazzy. That blazer fits you perfectly." Liz spoke to me softly as she flipped through her flash cards.
"I should hope so, considering I tailored it myself." Liz and MJ both looked at me with wide eyes.
"You tailored that all by yourself? But, how?"
"My mom taught me when I was young. I tailor most of my clothes that don't fit me." Liz just let out a wow and MJ looked at me and nodded.
"Impressive." We all laughed and left our hotel room.

As I was waiting by the bus, I kept looking around to find where Peter was. I didn't see him anywhere, and I hadn't seen him last night when we got back from the pool either. I started to get worried.
"Come on, Pete. Where did you go?" By the time we had to leave, Peter was nowhere to be found. I let out a sigh and turned to Ned. "Do you know where Peter is?"
"N-No, I don't know where he is." Ned starting stumbling over his words.
You know exactly where he is, you just can't tell me because you promised you'd keep his secret.
"Ooookaaaay." I look down at my watch. Two minutes before we had to leave.
Peter, if you got yourself into some deep shit again I swear to god I will kill you myself.
I boarded the bus along with the rest of the team, watching out of the window and hoping and praying Peter was safe.

————————

We all convened in the side of the room.
"Okay, we're up next, so don't say anything stupid and we'll be fine." Liz nodded at all of us as we looked around nervously. I started playing with my hands as a shock of electricity went through the back of my skull. My fingers buzzed with a slight dark blue glow, one I recognized as the color I identified with anxiety and fear. I took a deep breath and headed to the table on the stage.
I sat down in the seat between MJ and Flash, taking a long and deep breath in anticipation. The lady at the podium asked the first question.

"What is sodium chloride?" I rang the bell a hair before the other team.
"Table salt."
"That is correct." I let myself smile, pushing my hair out of my face. I continued to tune into every question, but in the back of my mind I still worried about Peter and that strange device he found. I had the thing in my backpack, hoping I'd get some time alone to investigate more about it.
The decathlon continued until it came down to the final question. Both of us were tied and it was up to me to answer the final question.
"What is the reaction to when we feel love,  specifically though the eyes and the heart?"
"The pupils of the eye dilate to twice their size and the heart rate increases, causing shortness of breath." I waited anxiously before the judge smiled.
"That is correct." We all cheered as we shared a group hug, jumping up and down. We grabbed our trophy, shook hands, and left the convention center to go sightseeing for the rest of our trip.

We decided to head to the Washington Monument first, MJ deciding she'd rather sit and read than come inside. We all headed up into the elevator with our tour guide, the elevator moving upward at a slow pace. I looked on my phone at possible options as to what the device may be.
'An electronic power core. When exposed to oxygen for too long the core may explode from overheating. May also be used as a fail safe or to make high powered bombs.'
The word bomb sent me into a panic. If just a core alone could be a mini bomb, I was literally a walking time bomb. I had no idea when it would go off or where.
Suddenly, a loud yet muffled noise came from my backpack, the entire elevator stopping.
Great. Couldn't have picked a better time.

Nobody panicked yet, since it could just be a malfunction in the elevator. When I opened my backpack, a shot of purple zapped into the air, shattering every bit of glass into the elevator. Now we started to panic.
The rocks around us started to crumble as we were almost to the top. Chips of the rock fell down around us like a downpour.
"Everyone just stay calm okay?" The elevator buckled as it swayed on the strings and cables. Everyone let out a scream before more shattering glass was heard. We looked around but saw nothing, only the walls of the monument.
"You guys need a little help?" We all looked up, a suited up and masked Peter hanging from the ceiling of the elevator. I smiled before the elevator moved again. I held onto the rail of the elevator, trying my best not to fall on the ground.
"Okay, just, uhm, stay calm and I'll get you guys out." He motioned to me and I shook my head.
"I'll go last. You need to get them out first." He didn't bother fighting it, motioning to Liz first. She grabbed his hand as he pulled her up and out of the elevator. Ned went next, then Flash, then Mr.Jefferson. Everyone was out of the elevator except me, so I reached my hand up to grab his. Our fingers brushed together but I couldn't grab ahold.
"I-I can't reach!" I stretched my arm up as high as I could, my legs buckling as the elevator car moved again. I stood up carefully and tried reaching again. Next thing I knew, I was falling through the air with no ground under my feet. I closed my eyes and waited for the feeling of impact, but none came. Instead an arm was wrapped around my waist as it held me mid air. I opened my eyes slowly, seeing Peter's masked face inches away from mine. My breathing slowed down as I looked up, Peter carefully climbing his line of webbing and setting me down on the ground. I leaned against the wall, my heart beating out of my chest. I stared off into space until a hand rested on my shoulder.
"Hey, you alright?" The whites of Peter's masked looked into my eyes, showing concern even through the emotionless mask. I just nodded. "Just...try to breathe, alright?" I closed my eyes and took a breath, uttering out a small and staggered 'okay'. My hands tingled and shook, making me look down at the glowing of my skin. I hid my arms behind my back and put my head down, trying to breathe.

————————

I swung my legs over the edge of the hotel building, looking out at the water of the pool below. My mind was still clogged up with fear from the events of earlier today. My head whipped to the side as I heard the familiar thwip of Peter's web shooters. I don't think he noticed me at first, pulling off his mask and breathing heavy. His back was still to me, so when he turned around his eyes went wide and he froze.
"I,uh, this isn't, uhm-"
"Peter stop it. I've known for a while now." I look back down as I played with the electricity through my hands.
"Wh-What? How? When?"
"On the playground after the first Vulture attack. You were talking with Tony Stark, sitting on top of-ironically enough-a spiderweb metal climber arguing with him after being dropped into a lake." Peter looked at me confused.
"H-How did you know that?" I took a deep breath and held up my hand before laughing nervously.
"I was there." I let the electricity move through my hands as I closed my palm. "It was me at the bank, and on patrol, and the night after the party. I figured that since I have this power all of a sudden I might as well put it to good use, right?" I let out a laugh as he sat down next to me. "By the way, the thing you found? Was an energy core. It kinda started the whole Washington Monument thing."
"Why did you keep it in your backpack?"
"I think the electric shocks are causing brain damage." I flipped myself over so my legs were wrapped around the gutter of the roof, hanging upside down. Peter dropped down beside me.

"So that means it was you who kissed me? Twice?" Peter smirked at me and I blushed, hitting his shoulder.
"Shut up." My hair hung down towards the ground, the wind blowing it into my face. Peter took his hand and pushed it out of the way. We looked at each other for a minute before he leaned in quickly, placing a long and soft kiss to my lips. I kissed back.
"Does this mean you'll go to homecoming with me?" I laughed as he smiled at me with a dorky smile.
"I'd love to, Pete."
——————————
This was gonna be posted last night but I got so tired I fell asleep in my hoodie with my phone in my hand...