•𝓉𝑒𝓃•

My legs swung over the edge of the building, watching the lights of the city blink out as people went to bed. I stared at my hands, the strings of blue lights moving from fingertip to fingertip. It swirled around, sending bolts of electricity through my fingers.

"You look quite lonely." I turned my head, meeting the similar masked face of Spider-Man. I quickly shoved my hands in my jacket pockets, swinging my legs back over the edge.
"I'm just...thinking." I took in a deep inhale, my eyes following as he sat down beside me.
"You seem to do that a lot." I let out a soft chuckle. "What's on your mind?"
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, looking down at my hands.
"It's just...I have this big secret that I don't want to hide from this one person but if I say anything it could ruin everything. I thought it wasn't going to be this complicated but it's a lot more complicated and messy than I thought." I let out a breath, slumping my shoulders.
"Is it really something you should tell them then? I mean if it's going to ruin everything shouldn't you keep it a secret?" He scratched the back of his neck, seemingly questioning his own advice.
"I guess. I mean, maybe I'll tell him eventually. I just don't want to ruin something that seemed to build up in less than a month." I saw the corner of Spider-Man's mouth turn up through his mask.

"So it's a guy huh?" He nudged my shoulder with his. "Who is he?"
"He's-" I stopped myself before I said anything further. "He's in a lot of my classes at school. Whatever, it doesn't matter. I just...I should be getting to bed. See yah...around." I stood up with lead heavy legs, walking towards the door.
"Will you at least tell me his name?" I turned as Spider-Man stood on the edge of the building.
"Peter. Peter Parker."

------------

I was off my game, that was for sure. I'd never had a problem on a single test, but something about this one had me stumped and confused. I shook the pencil in my hand, biting the eraser. I hurriedly colored in the bubble, my pencil tip breaking from the pressure. I growled and sharpened it quickly, focusing back on my test. Every noise sounded like a scream, every minute seeming like an hour. I finally finished the last question, handing in the test to the teacher. The bell rang as I grabbed my stuff, signaling the beginning of lunch.

I gripped the tray of food with an almost inhuman strength, slamming it down against the table and sitting with a huff.
"Woah. You alright?" I looked up to see the concerned eyes of both Ned and Peter, Peter's brown ones swirling with concern and curiosity.
"Yeah, I'm peachy. I may have just failed my geometry test, everything about me hurts, my mind feels like it's melting, and every little sound feels like a bullhorn in my ears. So yes, I'm great." I rolled my eyes, earning a witty joke from Ned.
"Well aren't you little miss sunshine." I gave him a glare and kicked him hard under the table. His face scrunched up in a wince.
"I'm sure you did fine on your test. And maybe your just a little on edge because your anxious or something." Peter placed his hand over mine, making me blush.
"Y-Yeah. Maybe." I left my hand there for a minute, staring at the uneaten food on my plate. The bell rang a little while later, what may have been 15 minutes feeling like a few seconds. I made my way to the gym, heading into the locker room to change my clothes.

The gym teacher split us up into two groups; one doing the workouts for the day and the other sitting up in the bleachers. My group was first, so I did the workouts with ease. Sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, all the stuff I was used to. Halfway through the class we switched, myself and the rest of my group moving to sit up in the bleachers. Me and Michelle sat together but never really talked, her nose buried in a book. My eyes watched over the gym floor, locked specifically on Peter as he did the workouts. I turned my head every time he looked my way, trying not to seem suspicious.
"No, did you see the thing on the news last night?" One of the girls in the group below me started talking and I perked up.
"Yeah, about the bank robbery? Some mystery guy named Spark showed up. They don't even know who he is, just from security footage and that note."
"No, they said Spark's a girl. They looked at all the angles from the cameras." The group of people kept talking, my ears tuning out anything else.
"She's still not as good as Spider-Man. Hey Liz, what do you think of Spider-Man?"
"I mean, he's cool. Something awesome about a guy who fights crime with a hidden identity. It'd be so cool to know him, like personally. Or even just meet him."
"I know Spider-Man." The words tumbled out of my mouth stupidly without thought, but were quickly overshadowed by another, dumber sentence.
"Peter knows Spider-Man!" Ned's voice boomed through the gymnasium. Peter's face had a look of pure anger and embarrassment, and my jaw dropped in awe.
"Yeah right, sure he knows Spider-Man. If you know Spider-Man, why don't you invite him to Liz's party?" Flash's voice was laced with malice.
"Fine." Peter's teeth were gritted, his eyes throwing daggers at Flash.
"Why don't you bring Spark, too? Since you know Spider-Man you have to know her." Flash let a smirk creep onto his face, knowing full well the answer to the question.
"I don't-"
"I know Spark!" I let the words fall from my mouth without thinking. Everyone's heads turned towards me. "I know her. I'll bring her."
"Alright. It's settled then. Parker brings Spider-Man....and the new girl brings Spark." Me and Peter exchanged looks, knowing full well what we'd gotten ourselves into.

Shit.

Quick A/N: Sorry for this being so late, I was busy and shit so here is the chapter now.