•𝓈𝒾𝓍𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃•

The next morning when we woke up, all of our parents were waiting outside of the motel we were staying at. Me and Peter walked next to each other, hands brushing against the other occasionally as we walked. I looked down to the ground and blushed before I heard my mom calling my name.
"Y/N! Sweetie, thank god you're alright!" She pulled me into a big bear hug and wrapped her arms around me tightly. I stepped away as she continued to check me over and make sure I was completely okay, freaking out at the scratch on my cheek from when the glass broke. I looked past her to where Peter was with his aunt, just thinking about how he saved my life now not once, but twice. My mom caught my gaze and turned around, giving me a smile.
"Is that him?" She whispered, leaning closer to me. I nodded.
"Yeah, I think we're kinda dating now. He kinda asked me to homecoming." I rubbed the back of my neck while my mom started to freak out going on and on about dresses and shoes and hair while I just stood and stared. I looked down at the ground as Peter and his aunt looked my way, pretending like I wasn't doing anything. My mom took me home a little while later.

We walked into the apartment door as my dad was pacing back and forth, bombarding me with questions once he saw me.
"Are you hurt? What happened? Did the elevator malfunction? Was there an explosion?"
"Dad, I'm fine." His shoulder relaxed as he looked at me.
"Good, good." I knew he was going to say something stupid before he said it. He always gets this stupid look on his face when he's about to. "I knew you shouldn't be hanging out with those friends of yours. This never would of happened if they hadn't dragged you into this." I took a step back.
"Are you really trying to blame this on Peter and Ned right now? I almost died and you're blaming this on my friends?"
"All I'm saying is that if they hadn't convinced you to do this academic decathlon thing you wouldn't have-"
"You're the one who wanted me to join! When I told you that I did you were glad that I finally did something outside of school. What did you want me to stick to mathletes for the rest of my life? I never wanted to do any of it! And you know what? I'm sorry that Adam was the only one who ever had the guts to say anything!" My dad's face scrunched up at the mention of his name.
"Adam was a rebellious teenager."
"No, Adam was my brother and my best friend! He was the one who always believed in me and wanted what was best for me, more than you ever have. He wanted me to do what made me happy, not what made him happy Dad! Are you even sorry he's gone? I haven't seen you cry once!"
"Y/N-" My mom tried to speak up.
"Did you notice he left the funeral early, mom? Did you?" She looked at my dad with wide eyes. "That's what I thought. You hated that Adam wanted his own life! And now you hate that I want my own! You can't control everything Dad! Sometimes things happen that you can't control or understand but you have to deal with anyway! Adam is dead now Dad! Do you remember what you said to him the last time we saw him? You said 'I hope you never come back.' That's what you said. Well look what happened, you got what you wanted. Adam is never fucking coming back!" I started walking towards the door, my hand on the knob. "Oh and by the way, Peter asked me to homecoming. And I said yes. But it's not like you'd care anyway since he's the one who dragged me into this 'mess.'" My dad's expression was completely unreadable. I just nodded and opened the door hard, almost ripping it off the hinges. I walked out and shut it with a slam, hearing the wood crack. I went down the stairs and ran. I just ran.

I ran in the dark of the night until my legs hurt, coming to an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of town and on the edge of the bay. I ran inside, all the sounds around me too loud. The flickering of the half dead lightbulb, the sound of the insects outside, the movement of cars outside. I reached my hand up and shot a stream of green electricity towards the lightbulb, shorting out the wires and exploding every bulb in the place.
"Son of a bitch!" I punched a wall next to me, the pain running through my knuckles. I punched it over and over, feeling nothing but pain as I did. I slunk to the ground into a sitting position as blood started covering the spot on the wall. I held my legs to my chest with bloody knuckles, tears streaming down my face. I screamed. All I did was scream, and cry. I couldn't hear anything, feel anything, see anything. I just screamed, and didn't stop.

I felt two hands on my shoulders shaking me, yelling my name. I opened my eyes, a panicked looked Peter in his suit in front of me shaking me.
"Y/N! What's wrong? What happened?"
"M-My Dad...I-I...I cant go back." I looked at him with tears down my face. I felt embarrassed, letting him see me cry like this.
"Where? You can't go back where?"
"Home. I c-can't go back home." Peter seemed to catch on and sat down, still holding my shoulders.
"Just tell me what happened, okay?"
"M-my Dad was blaming this all on me, that I shouldn't have joined the decathlon. I l-lost it and started screaming. I don't remember anything, j-just that my dad was acting exactly like he did with my brother before he...he...." I started crying again and Peter pulled me into his chest. I cried harder and harder, not stopping. I don't know how long it was but Peter finally pulled me away from him.

"I don't know what happened, but take it from me, you have to go home." He looked me dead in the eyes, a serious tone. "Because if you don't, something bad might seriously happen. I made a mistake and ran away like this, and something really really bad happened so please go home, Y/N. Please." I only nodded and went to stand up, looking at my hands. "You punch pretty hard." I just laughed as I looked at the wall behind me, a crack in the concrete.
"It really hurt." We both just laughed.
"Do you want me to take you home?"
"No, I need some time to think. I'll just walk." He nodded as I started walking to the door. "By the way, how did you find me?
"You kinda caused a mild city wide power outage." He picked up his mask off the ground.
"Great." I chuckled as I opened the door. I watched as Peter shot a web through the hole in the ceiling and swung away. I walked my way back home, coming to my apartment building after about 30 minutes. I took a breath and opened the door slowly, looking at the ground. My mom was pacing back and forth as my dad sat on the couch holding his head in his hands, both looking up as I opened the door.

"I-I'm Sorry. I'm sorry." They both pulled me into a hug, tears running down my face. "I'm sorry."
——————————
Yay, an update on time today.

Have you guys seen far from home yet? I'm going to see it for the SECOND time today with my sister and a friend. God it's a fantastic movie. Let me know if you guys have seen it yet!

Also followed my Instagram shattered_elemtalist cause I post edits and stuff on there so yeah.