•𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃•

I hit the side of my goggles, my palm flat as the heel hits it. The buzzing doesn't stop and I huff, holding my head in my hands. I look down at my hands, making sure my door was shut and my blinds were closed. I held my palm out flat, thrusting it forward. A small blue spark shot from my hand, zapping the goggles. They stopped whirring, this time replaced by the sound of a laptop computer starting up. I fist pumped the air, a moment of accomplishment. I slipped the goggles on my face, the display lighting up in front of my face. It looked almost like a computer screen, various gages flickering on and off of the lenses. I hit it again, this time the screen going out. I became frustrated, setting the goggles down on the bed. I looked at the clock.
12:18
I grabbed the bag and bounded up the stairs, slamming open the door to the roof. I ran through the doorway huffing and gasping for air.
"I was about to leave cause I thought you'd fallen asleep on me." The familiar voice of Spider-Man echoed through my buzzing ears. 

"Yeah sorry I was just....I was just working on something." I tried to catch my breath from running. Spider-Man just laughed. I stood up and walked over to where he was standing. I opened the bag and held the small web shooter and vial of fluid in my palm. "And here are your new and improved web shooters with a specialty formula fluid. Should work better than that other one." He took them both out of my hand and slipped them on his wrist.
"Yah know, I never have repaid you for fixing this stuff for me." He adjusted the shooters on his hands.
"No repayment needed. I do this because I like helping out."
"No, I insist on doing something nice." He looked over the edge of the building. "Have you ever seen New York at night?"
"I mean just from my window but what does that have to do with anything?"
"Let me give you a tour of the city, Spider-Man style." I could tell he was smirking under his mask.
"Yah see, I'm kinda afraid of heights so I'll pass."
"Says the girl who sits on her roof every night. Come on. You won't regret it!" He held his arm out and I sighed. I walked over and looked over the edge, my eyes scanning the ground below. "Don't worry, I won't drop you." I took a deep breath, looking into the whites of the eyes on his mask. They widen and then dilated, watching me. I stepped forward, wrapping one of my arms his neck. "Just hold on tight." I did the same with my other one, holding on as tight as I could. Spider-Man wrapped his arm around my waist hesitantly, hovering before placing his hand around my torso. I closed my eyes tight before hearing a thwip, feeling my body fall through the air.

Suddenly, I felt my body move against the air, almost like I was flying. I opened my eyes, the lights of the city below me shining on the few people who still milled around. Cars dotted the roads, their light looking to me as stars. I looked up, the white lights dotting the blackened sky. I couldn't tell the difference between the ground and the sky anymore, but there was no denying it was beautiful.
When we swung over Time Square, my eyes widened and I gasped. The neon signs and lights that danced below me looked like a painting, the colors blending together in a perfect mix. I let out a laugh, my grip loosening around Spider-Man's neck. We kept swinging, landing back down on top of my apartment building. When my legs hit solid ground, I felt almost as if I would fall. I smiled.
"That was amazing!" I jumped around giddily, hearing Spider-Man laugh to himself.
"I told you it wasn't so bad."
"Thanks, Spidey. For...well everything."
"No problem. You just lemme know if you ever wanna go for a swing again. Nights have been pretty bland lately." He stepped to the edge of the roof. "Until we meet again, fair young lady." I waved goodbye as he zipped away, watching as he flew through the sky. 

——————————

My alarm blared with the same annoying sound I'd heard everyday, signaling for me to start my boring old morning routine. Shower, get dressed, fix my hair, eat, brush my teeth and leave. I met up with Peter at the subway exit as usual, walking with him to school.
"So, you have an internship with Tony Stark?"
"Yeah. It's uh, it's why I'm gone all the time. I usually have to leave randomly to help him with something."
"That's so cool." I looked off into the distance. "It'd be awesome to meet Tony Stark someday. Hell, he's been an inspiration for more than half of my projects."
"Maybe I can introduce him to you one day?" My heart raced and my eyes widened.
"Wait, really? You would do that?"
"Yeah." He scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah, I can try. I don't know what I'll be able to do but-"
"As long as you try, that's good enough for me." I turned my head and smiled at him, my eyes focused on his. He smiled back at me, making my heart flutter and a small surge of electricity surge through me. Peter laughed.
"Yah know, I swear I keep seeing your eyes change color." I snapped my head up and nervously laughed.
"Oh, y-yeah. What color did you see this time?"
"Pink." I made a mental note.
Pink. Huh.

———————————-

"If you need help I can probably help you after school today." Peter looked at me as he took a bite from his fork. "I mean, if you want."
"That'd be great Peter. I'm trying not to fail this geometry test so any studying will help me." I ate a chip from my bag and took a sip of my juice. Ned stared off into the distance. I followed his eyes and saw the same girl as last time he was staring, Liz Allen. I rolled my eyes and went back to eating. When I looked up, I expected to see Peter looking at Liz like Ned was, but he seemed occupied by other things. His head snapped away from something quickly, but I just pressed my eyebrows together and shrugged it off.

The rest of the day was painfully slow. More homework, more tests, boring lectures on hydrogen bonds, and running until my legs hurt. I met Peter at my locker at the end of the day. 

"You wanna come over around 5:00 tonight?" I looked at my phone to make sure I hadn't gotten any texts.
"Yeah, that should be fine. I'll text you if anything happens okay?" Peter nodded and we walked, talking about what happened and saying our goodbyes when we had to leave. I rushed into my apartment, rummaging through my closet to find something to change into.

Why am I worrying about this? It's just studying with Peter. But why do I want to look good when I hang out with him? It's not like I'm trying to impress him or anything. Or am I? Shit, I don't know.
I finally just reached in and grabbed a shirt, my eyes barely even noticing which one I grabbed. I slipped it on, looking in the mirror. I tugged on it, pulling it off and throwing it aside. I finally decided on a plain black one that fit snuggly, pairing it with a denim jacket. By the time I was done being indecisive about my clothing it was almost 4:45, so I made my trek down to the subway station.
The ride wasn't long, so I got to Peter's apartment building at about 4:57. I knocked on his door, a woman with long brown hair opening the door. 

"Hi, is Peter home? He said for me to come by so that we could study for the geometry test tomorrow."
"Oh, you must be (Y/N)! Please, come in." I walked through the door, offering the woman a smile. "I'm Peter's aunt, May. He's in his room." I thanked May and walked down the hallway she pointed, looking at my feet.
"Hey Pete. Your aunt told me you were in here so I-" I looked up and blushed as my eyes laid on a shirtless Peter Parker, both of us red in the face, similar to the shade of a tomato. I coughed awkwardly and looked away as Peter put a shirt on, my face still hot as my brain began to process the image I'd just seen.
"S-Sorry about that I uh,-" I began to stutter, my brain not working properly.
"No, no it's uh, it's alright. Uhm, What was it, uh, that you needed to study again?" We both stuttered nervously.
"Uhm, geometry." I walked further into Peter's room, sitting down on the bed.
"Right right. Umm, okay let's just go through the review-"

I watched Peter's face most of the night, picking up on his ticks. Whenever he was concentrated he bit his lip, a sight that made me blush. Whenever he got frustrated he shook his leg, and when he was thinking his eyes turned up towards the sky. I just observed him for the two hours before my mom texted saying I needed to be home for dinner.
"I gotta go, but I'll see you at school tomorrow. See yah, Pete."
"Bye." I waved to him and smiled as he said goodbye, walking out of the door to his apartment and on my way to mine. I ate dinner that night and laid down in my bed, staring at the ceiling in pajamas. The image of Peter without his shirt on was burned into my mind, making me blush again. I thought about how much I'd observed him and I mentally face palmed.

I'm falling for Peter Parker.