Chapter 67

Before we knew it, finals were over and we were starting graduation practice, then, all too quickly that finished too, and we were graduating. Well, I guess I should say I since all my friends that are graduating are graduating from the school on the reservation.

"Ready to go babe?" Jake asked, standing in my door way. He was wearing his slacks and a button up, but I hadn't been able to talk him into a tie and it would be way too hot for a suit jacket.

"Let's go," I said, grabbing his hand.

"You look gorgeous as always," he said, kissing my temple a little. I smiled at him and giggled a little before taking off down the stairs. I held my maroon dress to my legs in attempt to keep the skirt from floating up at all.

"Hello Allie, and congratulations," Sue said, hugging me tightly as soon as my feet hit the downstairs floor.

"Thanks," I said. Seth was standing with Hadley, both of whom were quite dressed up. They both ran over to hug me, nearly knocking me over in the process.

"Congrats sis," Seth said.

"Yeah, congrats," Hadley said. I thanked them both before turning to Leah. She had a dress on but she looked beyond uncomfortable in it.

"Thanks Leah, for going I mean. I really appreciate it," I said, offering her a hug.

"Of course. You're my sister now," she said, hugging me tightly.

"Allie," Billy said the second I pulled away from Leah.

"Yes Billy," I said, walking over to him.

"I'm so glad Jake found you. You've become another daughter to me and I'm beyond proud of you. Congratulations," he said.

"Thanks," I said, hugging him.

"Come on or we're going to be late," Dad said. We headed out, splitting to fill three different cars.

The ceremony flew by, helped along by the fact that there were only about 40 kids in our class. I tried really hard not to cry, and luckily it worked.

After the ceremony, we lined the hallways so everyone could see us and say congratulations and what not. As soon as my family got to me, they pulled me away from the line and into a group hug. Sue forced me to take pictures with the promise to do the same to the boys when the school on the reservation graduated the next day.

"Allie, I'm so proud of you. You, even after going through the hell that you did, you persevered and you graduated," Dad said, hugging me tightly.

"I did," I said. "I made it, somehow. And now I have a diploma and no idea what I want to do with my life."

"Be honest," he said.

"Okay, I want to marry Jake and have a family with him," I said. "But, I know we agreed to a gap year and all, but I just, don't know if school is right for me. I just I have no idea Dad."

"You don't have to know, now or ever. I just want you to be happy," he said.

"Thank you so much Dad," I said, hugging him tightly before we all left. Sue had made a huge dinner for us, and we were all starving.