Chapter 29

Jake was 100% healed by the next day. He kept trying to get me to go out on a date with him throughout the week, and on Wednesday, four days after the fight, I finally gave in and agreed to go with him.

"Hey cutie," Jake said, walking into my bedroom. The door was open, and I had heard him pull up and just figured that Dad would let him in.

"Hey," I said, finishing up my hair with a little bit of hairspray.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said, standing up from the vanity and walking out with him.

Of course, Dad stopped us on our way out.

"Curfew?" He asked.

"10:30," I answered. He nodded, uncrossing his arms and letting his tough guy facade fall.

"Don't tell Bells I'm saying this, but I don't trust Edward like I trust Jake. If you don't make curfew, I'm not worried. Just be safe. Have fun," Dad said, hugging me tightly.

"Thanks Dad. Love you," I said.

"Love you too," he said, waving as Jake and I headed out the front door to Jake's car. I could tell the second that I got into the car that Jake had cleaned in out just for our date. He's not super messy, but he definitely isn't a neat freak.

"Yeah, so I was thinking we could head to the drive in, but if Charlie wants you home we can just go to the movies," Jake said, pulling out of the driveway and heading towards Port Angeles.

"We can always get a group together to go to the drive in later this summer. We have all summer Jake," I said.

"I know. I just, I'm not going to have tons of free time from the pack," he said.

"I know. I understand," I said. "You're involvement in the pack won't ever bother me Jake. Promise."

"You're amazing Aimes," he said.

"Thanks," I said, blushing at his words.

"I mean it," he said.

When we arrived at the theater in Port Angeles, Jake got out of the car and ran around to open my door.

"Thanks," I said. We walked up to the booth side by side, and he got two tickets to see The Darkest Minds. He paid and accepted the tickets from the woman before heading into the building to get in line for the snacks.

"Jake," I said, trying yet again to press at least some money into his hand.

"Look, I might not know much about girls, but I do know that they should never pay on the first date. Or any date," he said. He handed the teenage boy behind the counter the money for the drinks and popcorn before leading the way, into the theater.

"Thanks for this," I said.

"Anything for you, cutie," he said. I found it odd that he's called me cutie but not babe, but just decided to ask about it another day.

At the end of the night, Jake pulled up in front of my house, hopping out first and running around to open the door for me.

"M' Lady," he said in some fake posh accent. I giggle as I got out of the car.

"I had a really great time Alessandra," he said, shutting the car door and walking me up to the front door.

"Me too, Jacob," I said.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked.

"I love to Jake," I said, kissing his cheek.

"You truly are amazing," he said. "I'll talk to you later?"

"Text me when you get home," I said.

"Will do," he said. I went to walk inside when he grabbed my hand, stopping me in my place.

"Can I have a kiss?" He asked. I leaned up, pressing my lips to his quickly. Electricity danced across my lips for the second they were connected to his.

"Goodnight Aimes," he said as we pulled apart.

"Night Jake," I said. I walked inside, blushing like crazy from the kiss. Luckily, Dad and Bella were in bed already, so I didn't have to worry about them seeing my face.