Chapter 61

"Jake, what was going on earlier?" I asked, sitting down on my bed with him that night.

"Can we talk about it tomorrow? I don't wanna ruin what's left of Christmas," he said softly.

"Babe, I love you so much. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but I don't want you to isolate yourself," I said.

"Um, Sam agreed to helping the Cullen's out, so I have to leave in a couple of days and I don't know yet when I'll be home," he said. I leaned over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, causing him to pull me into his lap.

"What if you just don't go?" I asked.

"I can't. I have to obey alpha's orders," Jake said softly, burying his face in my neck.

"I know Jake, but I'm just worried about you. I don't want my sister anywhere near you," I said. "I trust you wholeheartedly, but she told me you two were sleeping together once cause she knew it would make me depressed."

"Babe, she means nothing to me. You never leave my mind or my heart. Everything I do is done with you in mind," he said, sitting up a little straighter and looking into my eyes.

"I love you Jacob," I said.

"I love you too Alessandra," he said, closing the small space between us and pressing his lips to mine. His kisses were always gentle and passionate and loving, and this one was no different.

"Babe," I said softly as we pulled apart. "Aren't you like the rightful alpha?"

"Yeah, but I didn't take it when I joined the pack," he said.

"Why don't you branch off? Start your own section. Be the alpha you were destined to be," I said softly.

"What about Seth and Leah, your soon to be siblings, or Q and Emb, the two most important friends either of us have?" He asked quietly, refusing to be the one to break the almost silence.

"They'll leave with you. I'm sure of it. Q especially because he was the one here when Bella was being so nasty to me about the whole being friends with you thing," I said.

"It's a great plan babe, but can we sleep on it?" He asked.

"Of course," I said, pecking his lips quickly before jumping up and going to grab his presents that were still in my closet.

"What're you doing doll?" He asked.

"Doll? Really?" I asked, giggling at him slightly.

"Yes, now answer my question," get said, laughing at me some.

"My present to you," I said. I walked over to the bed and handed him the package as I sat down across from him.

"Thanks babygirl," he said.

"That's much better than doll," I said, giggling at him. He smiled at me as he started to open the paper.

"This is literally perfect," he said, chuckling some at the sweatshirt.

"I know it's a sweatshirt and with your high body temp you don't ge-," my rambling was cut off by Jake's lips on mine again.

"It's perfect," he said as he pulled away from the kiss.

I smiled at the hoodie that read "I do what I want, where I want, when I want! As long as my girl says it's okay."

It's been a running joke with our school friends that Jake is "whipped" when it's really just our imprint bond, so the sweatshirt fit perfectly.

"Babe, wanna help me?" He asked holding his leather bracelet out to me. I smiled at him clasped the bracelet around his wrist.

"Thanks for the best Christmas ever," Jake said softly.

"You're welcome. I love you," I said, kissing him quickly.