skate to my heart

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry hyung, there's this kimbap place that's almost as great as my mom's. I can take you there. They also offer a variety of barbecue and sushi." Rocky wasn't above bribing and as MJ perked up at the mention of food, he knew there was no more arguing on his side. Besides, technically it was MJ's job so he didn't really have much of a choice.

"Anyway, treat this as a vacation." Dongmin offered, shrugging his shoulders.

"Business trip more like." MJ retorted and Dongmin would have said something back if his phone didn't ring. The model-like manager pressed a finger to his bluetooth earpiece, and soon enough a giant loved up smile bloomed on his face.

Rocky snorted upon seeing that familiar look. Only one person could put that kind of smile to the strict, chic person Lee Dongmin.

"Binnie!" Dongmin's greeting rang throughout the car and Rocky and MJ shared fake disgusted looks and gags, Dongmin glaring at them from the rearview mirror. Rocky and MJ giggled to themselves, as Dongmin hastily replied to whatever Bin, his boyfriend was saying.

It was disgusting and sickening, but Rocky admitted it was cute and adorable - their love that is. Bin was another figure skater that somehow skated to Dongmin's heart without warning and never left. But the other had stopped competing professionally, instead opening his own gym slash skating rink business, and enjoyed his free time going wherever Dongmin was. Bin had become like an older brother who loved to tease him and join in with MJ's relentless and gruelling coaching. But Rocky wouldn't change this for the world.

They were almost home, and in no time they arrived at their condo. Did Rocky mention they all live together? It was a big suite - the penthouse - and covers three floors inside so each floor provided privacy for each person, which Rocky was thankful for. As much as he loved his hyungs, he'd rather have some alone time as well; hence why he picked the third floor for his own.

"Right, I'll see you at home. We're here. Love you, bye."

Rocky looked up to see Dongmin hanging up as they entered the private parking garage. He yawned, the fatigue from the day's competition finally catching up as the adrenaline washed off. From the front seat, Dongmin chuckled.

"Sleepy time?" He asked, already knowing the answer. It's a routine by now, every end of each competition, Rocky goes home and immediately goes to sleep, waking hours later to eat (sometimes not).

"Ah, a few more minutes, Rocky-gah." MJ spoke from behind, and Rocky absently nodded.

As soon as Dongmin parked, Rocky exited the car, footsteps shuffling towards the private elevator, Dongmin and MJ talking in hushed tones behind him. As soon as they were in the elevator, Rocky leant against the steel cage and waited for their floor to open. When it did, he waved a bye, not caring if the other two saw, as he trudged up the stairs towards the third floor.

Rocky only managed to change out of his clothes, before surreptitiously sprawling on his bed, dead to the world in just seconds.

The life of a figure skater. One he didn't mind living for many years to come.

--

A week later found Rocky in the car again, but instead of going to a competition, he's finally on his way back to his childhood home. The familiar road lined with trees, the way the sun painted a path for them to take as it sets, the children playing on the sidewalk with parents watching over them carefully while they mingled. It was a familiar sight, one he thought he wouldn't miss, but seeing it now, he realized how much he missed out in the years he hadn't come home.

"Wah, Rocky, you lived in such a cute place." He heard MJ exclaim from beside him, and he turned to see the older pressed against the car window, looking at the same scenery Rocky had just been eyeing. "Why you left was beyond me. But it's also good, then I wouldn't be your coach, and that'd be sad for my pocket."

Written in the Stars • ASTRO oneshots [COMPLETE]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara