skate to my heart

"Rocky! Over here!"

"Rocky! Just one minute!"

"Rocky!!!!"

The man in question only gave a wave as his manager and best friend, Dongmin, guided him through the wave of people - paparazzi and fans alike screaming for him - and into the car awaiting them. In no time, Rocky was in his car, safe and sound.

"You sure do know to attract crowds."

Rocky gave a startled yelp, head snapping back so fast, he thought he might get whiplash. It was MJ, his brother from another mother. MJ grinned widely at him as Rocky managed to catch his sanity, before he too smiled slowly before both of them started laughing like hyenas.

"Oh my, M-hyung what are you doing here!? I thought I wouldn't be seeing you till later!" Rocky reached over and gave him a big hug, as much as the seats allow. He missed him. MJ had to leave to one of those skating conventions for a week, and did Rocky mention MJ was also his coach? No? Well, he was.

"I couldn't just let my star be alone right? Dongmin's not taking care of you." MJ sarcastically fussed over him, cackling when Dongmin fired a I heard that!

Rocky shook his head at the two. The car had moved with Dongmin up front driving. They were just leaving the skating arena, with Rocky having just one another gold medal, to add to his collection of medals.

Rocky was a figure skater, a very famous one and a very successful one at that. From the very moment he learned how to dance, and that was when he was very young, and stepping foot in the ice, the combined passion and love he had for both had lead him to his dream. He loved his career, from the way he practically floated on ice and to the way his body moved to the music, he loved every ounce of feeling he got of it.

"So, heard you were going home?" MJ asked, halting Rocky's thoughts.

"Yeah, my mom's birthday." Rocky mumbled.

"And this one is special because?" MJ prompted, because Rocky knew he knew that he never went home since he moved to Seoul for his career at the ripe age of 12. It's been 13 years since then.

"It's her 60th." Rocky shrugged and MJ let out a sound of understanding. Although he hasn't been back home in a long while, he still met his family often, but instead it was them who came to him. This time though was different and his mom had told him, under any circumstances, he had to be there. Of course, there was no question about it, he loved his mom a whole lot and it was a small thing to do.

"We're all going, hyung!" Dongmin called out from the front.

MJ spluttered, and reached his body forward almost falling on top of Rocky who had struggled under the added weight. "Excuse me? Do I not get a say? I'm older than you!"

Dongmin laughed. "It was either we all go or Rocky doesn't go. That was the deal. He has to train for the World's in just a month and going back home isn't helping for training time."

"So?" MJ sat back down and crossed his arms. Rocky snickered at the petulant look MJ had on his face, but he knew it was all an act.

"So... as a compromise, Rocky can go to his mother's birthday, which means staying for 3 weeks-"

"What? Why?!"

"- and so Rocky just has to pick up his training there, and as the coach, you have to coach him now aren't you?" Dongmin raised a brow at the rearview mirror.

Rocky had forgotten that his mother's wish was for him to stay for at least a month (but he told her he could only do three weeks because of world's which she reluctantly accepted) before her actual birthday.