two pieces of a whole • sanhyuk

In the modern world, werewolves and humans coexisted, enough so that at present, genes were so well mixed, each person was rarely purely human or werewolf. Together with genetics came with the gift of mates, bonded souls, the other half of a person. From the age of eighteen, a person knew his or her mate by scent and sight; each vary for either person, but it was said that it would be the most appealing scent they would ever smell and would be ingrained in their heart and mind forever, imprinting itself upon the very first time they discover their lost soul. At their coming of age, it was when they finally bond and seal their fates together, a promise to love forever and protect each other throughout their lives.

Modern times allowed it that having a mate, regardless of gender, was not questioned and instead was welcomed with open arms. So, it wasn't uncommon to find idols and celebrities to have mates, much more so same gendered ones. Sanha was greatly thankful for that.

When Yoon Sanha was introduced to life as a trainee, he was wary and scared. He was just a kid then, fleeing his parent's nest, and for the first time, he was alone. As an omega, it was much more prominent. However, he didn't have much to be scared of once he entered Fantagio. He was taken under the wings of his hyungs, and being an omega wasn't such a frightening experience anymore.

Sanha learned that there are three secondary genders: omega, beta and alpha. When he was young, his mind understood the three basic things: alpha's were first, beta's second and omega's last. But it all changed when he was younger. There was necessarily no need for a hierarchy, because if one doesn't exist, the others don't have a means to live their lives.

Alphas are strong and seen as leaders, with Betas as the next, and Omegas were softer and kinder. But Alphas can't live their lives without an Omega by their side, their existence the sole purpose of an Alpha. Omegas were often seen as weak, but that was a huge lie; they can be more mellow but rest assured, an angry Omega was much worse as an Alpha; they are nurturers at heart and if you even try to hurt their family, better run and hide. Betas were a much different story, they are neither as rough as an Alpha, nor were they as kind as an Omega; you could say they were in between.

As a trainee, there was rarely any time to focus on what secondary gender you are since everything around you revolves around training to debut. Sometimes it slips, and when tired or provoked, Alphas tend to show people just who they are. It was scary but also fascinating to see red eyes flashing in annoyance and growls.

When Sanha found out the secondary genders of his members, it was surprising but also it made so much sense.

They had already debuted as a group, and as they celebrated for their first album together, they had gotten into a topic of their wolf selves.

Sanha found MJ was an alpha, and though it wasn't obvious with the way the older acted so immature, there were times that Sanha saw the Alpha in MJ; when the older gets mad and lets everyone know just who was the eldest (he does have his protective side too). Jin Jin was more surprising, being an omega like himself, but it made sense of how much patience he had and how much he takes of the rest of the members like a mother hen. The soap couple were betas and that was one that Sanha had already guessed; they didn't have tempers like Alphas and they didn't have the softer side of an Omega (but sometimes they had their moments, Bin and Eunwoo acting like the annoying big brothers they are). The last one was Rocky, another Alpha; though he was more quiet and reserved, the way he focused on everything with such concentration and his protective instincts that would fight anyone that would look at them all with so much as a glare, fit him well enough.

Of course, with their wolves came with mates. Something Sanha was excited and scared for, at the same time. At eighteen, one would know who they would spend the rest of their lives with. Though when he was younger, he found the thought of mates to be forced, he learned that the Moon Goddess never made mistakes in pairing up soulmates, as the person who shared a bond with you complement you in every single way. So it wasn't surprising when the members found who their mates were.