Chapter 8

INT. JIM'S APARTMENT

Jim asleep in bed.  Alarm wakes him abruptly, shuffling his feet to the bathroom, gets dressed, and heads to the kitchen.  He makes a bowl of cereal, eats it quietly with a blank stare.  Then heads out to work.

EXT. STREET IN FRONT OF APARTMENT - MORNING

Jim steps onto the idealism and seed two women approaching.  They smile and giggle as they pass.

GIRL

Nice puppet show.

Jim looks down to see his dress shirt sticking through his open fly.

JIM

Fuck!

Jim sticks shirt back into his pants and zips up. As he comes around the corner he sees his bus is already there and shuffles across the street and gets in line.  His cellphone rings, it's his brother Jack.

JIM

Heh?

JACK: Heh!? You are really an exciting guy to chat with, no wonder you can't find anyone to fuck.

JIM

Thanks.

JACK

Who shit in your bonnet?

JIM

Just one of those days.

Jim continues to shuffle forward in line.

JACK

You have a lot of, "One of those days."

JIM

Yep, What's up?

INT. JACK'S APARTMENT 

Jack on the couch playing Playstation.

JACK

Do you want to get your Ball's licked tonight?

EXT. BUS STOP

JIM

Sure, Which one did you have your heart set on?

JACK

I have always favored your left testicle.

As Jim was about to step onto the bus, the door closes and the bus pulls away.  

JIM

That's great!

JACK

Yeah you like that you dirty boy. You like

when I lick...

Jim makes uncomfortable eye contact with old homeless lady sitting near him.

JIM

No, the damn bus just drove away. There was space but she just drove away. 

JACK

So we going out tonight

JIM

Uh, I am too tired..

JACK

I'm too tired. You're always too tired!

Silence was Jim's response.

JACK

I will pick you up at ten dickhead.

JIM

Wow, awfully pushy now that you are a single guy.  Why did she break up with you again?

JACK

First of all I ended it. Secondly, If you have chicken every night for five years, You start to crave beef. See you tonight.

Jim ends call.  Glancing at his watch he realizes he was going to be  GLANCING AT HIS WATCH HE REALIZES THERE WAS NO WAY HE WAS MAKING IT TO WORK ON TIME AGAIN. HE DROPS HIS HEAD AND GIVES THE HOMELESS LADY A SMIRK OUT OF THE SIDE OF HIS MOUTH AND THEN A BIRD POOPS ON HIS SHOULDER.

JIM

Damn.

JIM LOOKS THROUGH HIS POCKETS TO FIND SOMETHING TO CLEAN IT OFF bUT FINDS NOTHING SO HE REMOVES JACKET GRABS A LEAF AND DOES A SHITTY JOB OF SPREADING IT EVEN WORSE.

​JIM

Ugh.

THE HOMELESS LADY BURSTS INTO LAUGHTER.

HOMELESS LADY

Sometimes you shit and sometimes you shit on.

HER LAUGHTER FILLS THE AIR AS HE STARTS HIS WALK TOWARDS WORK, AS HE TURNS CORNER ANOTHER BUS ARRIVES.