Twenty-One

Chapter 4

Two weeks had passed on the Riverdale Quarantine and at precisely 11:30 at night, the quarantine was lifted. FP had made the kids exchange the mystery machine for motorcycles. They rode into town, Velma and Daphne in particular to pay an all too familiar face a visit. She didn't know how to do it exactly, especially after both of their parents have messed with her mother.

"Excuse me, I'm here to see Hiram Lodge." The guard wouldn't budge.

"It's okay, boys. Velma here is family."

As much as she hated it, Hiram Lodge considered her family because of Velma's relation to Warden Norton from Leopold and Loeb. Velma was always there for the fights, particularly on the night of Archie Andrews' escape. In fact, the whole Mystery Incorporated team was there to follow a lead.

"Velma, what are you doing here?"

"Why?" she asked. "Why were you in Coolsville? My mother doesn't owe you anything, Hiram. Hell, all my life you've only sent fucking letters to me and let him keep hitting me. Letting it hurt and you have the audacity to visit my mother talking about funding her business. Warden Norton was despicable. So were you. I remember when I was nine years old and you... you told me I was having delusions when you let the guards touch me, you let them hit me. You fucking let it happen, Hiram."

"Velma. Your mother and I- I have an announcement as to why I was in Coolsville earlier. Your mother told me you were a good friend to Jughead Jones. and given his recent disappearance along with his criminal best friend-

"Archie Andrews is not a criminal. Look in the mirror if you're looking for one."

"I wouldn't go if I were you..." he grabbed her arm, causing the one and only Daphne to burst into the room, "Vel. You told me five minutes and it's been fifteen. Unhand her you ghoul. Cheryl is meeting us at some speakeasy type thing so let's go."

"Just give me a sec Daphne."

"You know how Cheryl is. Last time we came here she basically wrote out our whole schedule. Let's go."

"Go without me."

"Oh hell no, Velma. I'm not trying to have you murdered by the same guy who hunted Fred's cousin." SHe pulled on her arm, "Speaking of, he's been looking for you."

Velma looked at Hiram then back at Daphne who said, "Blossom. You know my cousin, Cheryl. Us Blossoms don't take no for an answer. Cool? Cool. Let's go Vel."

-