Chapter 18: Zabini Manor

Severus watched the train pull out of Hogsmead station, his heart pulling just slightly as he watched the train that bore his son and the other Slytherins away.
Silver was riding the train with Blaise to Kings Cross since Severus had to finish packing up his lab and securing his chambers before he headed to Zabini Manor for the summer. Also he didn't want to draw any unnecessary attention to himself or to Harry since he knew Albus was paying particularly close attention to his movements.

Allowing him the small pleasure of an annoyed sigh, Severus spun on his heel and turned to walk back down the path that lead back towards Hogwarts. He knew Silver would have much more fun on the train with Blaise and the others, however Severus was selfish and he wanted to have his son with him as much as possible. Shaking his head from the morose thoughts, he walked through the gates, feeling the wards that surrounded the school settle in around him as he continued on his rapid journey back to the dungeons.

HP/SS

Silver was curled up contently on Blaise's lap as the train pulled out of the station, the gleaming scarlet engine heading through the countryside at the perfect pace to lull the kitten to sleep. He wasn't able to turn back into Harry yet, not until he and Severus were safely encased in Zabini Manor. Blaise had said his Mother wouldn't be there for a few days, which was a good thing since it gave both Harry and Severus time to settle in before meeting the imposing Zabini Lady.

"Ready to be home?" Draco asked as he settled into a seat next to Blaise, Pansy and Theo were sitting opposite the pair.
"Yes" Blaise breathed, rubbing behind Silver's ears and turning the kitten further into a pile of content, purring goo. "I can't wait to have a summer with Harry, not worrying about Dumbledore or him having to hide himself. It will be pleasant"
"Indeed, I am looking forward to being home" Draco said with a grin, "You must invite me over one day though, I would like to get to know Harry a bit better myself" The blond said, glancing down at the small kitten in Blaise's lap. The Italian nodded in agreement, he would love for his best friend to get to know his boyfriend better, for all of his friends to get to know Harry better.

Lapsing into silence the group all drifted off into their own activities. Draco reading a potions manual, of all things. Pansy and Theo a chess game and Blaise staring out the window watching the green countryside pass him by with a purring kitten in his lap. If someone had told him at the beginning of the year he would be Harry Potter's boyfriend and said boyfriend was an animagus and the adopted son of Severus Snape, he would have had them committed, possibly would have had himself committed for listening to such nonsense, however now? Now he couldn't imagine his life any differently.

As the train pulled into Kings Cross station, Blaise picked up the still sleepy kitten and slipped him into a special pocket he had had a house elf sew into his casual robes. Making sure Silver was comfortable, he gathered his belongings and followed his friends out of the compartment, like many students they didn't worry about their trunks, knowing a family house elf would take care of that.

"See you in a few weeks" Draco said, clapping Blaise gently on the shoulder as he walked past him to where his Father was standing nearby. Pansy and Theo also bid him farewell before heading off with their own family members. Blaise sighed and headed towards the back wall of the hidden platform where dozens of large fireplaces were situated. Unlike his friends, he had no one meeting him at the platform beyond a house elf who had come to gather his belongings, he would have to floo home, it wasn't a surprise to Blaise however, he had been flooing home by himself since his third year.

Stepping into the green flames, he called out the name of the Manor, feeling the slight pinch of the wards as they recognized him and allowed him to enter the house instead of rejecting him and sending him back to Kings Cross.