Chapter 15: Dramatics and Dungeons

The Dark Lord growled softly as he stared out at the bowed heads before him. All his followers were here, all paying him homage, yet the useless idiots couldn't do the one thing he asked. He wanted to know where Potter was. How was it that he had spies in ever single part of the Ministry, at Hogwarts and even in some places around the world and not one of those highly influential characters were able to report to him the whereabouts of one, single teenaged boy. Growling again, he glanced around at his minions, eyes searching for a familiar wisp of blond hair.
"Ah Lucius" He purred softly, "Care to report on your latest attempts to find Potter?" His calm, almost friendly voice was enough to make the unshakable Malfoy Lord blanche noticeably.
"Y-Yes My Lord" Lucius said, fighting to keep his voice clam. "I have been speaking to the Minister and neither he nor Madame Umbridge have been able to find out Potter's whereabouts from Dumbledore. All that the old fool is saying is that Potter is safe at a private training facility in the United States" Lucius said, already prepared for the pain curse he was sure to receive for delivering bad news. Instead, the Dark Lord looked thoughtful, his long, pale fingers stroking over Nagini's diamond patterned head.
"I don't believe that Potter is in the States" The snake-faced man said, drawing surprised gasps from many of his followers. "Dumbledore has been repeating that story for the last few months, yet none of the Order, nor Potter's friends have made moves to visit him. While I understand that those fools who follow the light have great respect for their leader, I find it hard to believe that his godfather and little werewolf friend have made no move to visit Mr. Potter, particularly during Yule" The insane man mused.
"What are you saying Master?" Bellatrix called out, ignoring the frightened faces around her as the other Death Eaters subtly shifted away from her, lest she was targeted for speaking out of turn.
"I'm saying, my dear Bella, that I don't think Potter is hidden in the States. No, Potter is much closer, where, I don't know, but Dumbledore wouldn't send his little weapon out to the United States, alone, with no protection. He must be keeping him in the castle or somewhere nearby" He turned his attention back to the majority of the Death Eaters.
"I want updates on anything new, anything odd in that school. Ask your children, ask anyone, find out" He ordered, before sending a general cruciatus at the group as a reminder. Glancing around, his eyes landed on Severus Snape.
"Have you noticed anything unusual at Hogwarts Severus?" He breathed, emphasizing the 's' much like a snake would.
"No My Lord" Snape said softly, "I have been rather caught up with the students lately, and my new familiar"
"New familiar Severus? I was unaware that you had gotten yourself a companion" The Dark Lord said, his interest peaked.
"I never had any desire to find myself a familiar My Lord. It happened by accident this last summer, I was in Knockturn Alley buying Ingredients and I ran across a small Geoffrey's cat, a rare creature from South American Jungles. He was just a kitten, I took him to the vet and found he'd been badly abused. He is by no means magical, but he became rather attached to me, and myself to him. He has become a bit of a mascot for Slytherin house" Severus lied smoothly, working on the story he and Albus had perfected. Voldemort looked mildly interested, though not overly so. The kitten had been found in Knockturn Alley, precious Potter would never enter such a dark place, nor did the teen have the ability to become an animagus at fifteen. While Severus having a familiar was something to take note of, it didn't help him get any closer to discovering Potter's actual whereabouts.
"Interesting, I am pleased to hear that you have gotten yourself someone to talk to Severus, even if it is just a kitten, I would like to meet this familiar one day. Perhaps our next meeting?" He requested, which everyone knew was an order. Severus inclined his head.
"Of course My Lord, I shall bring him for our next meeting" Severus murmured before falling back to his place in line. Taking a deep breath, he quickly reinforced his Occlumency shields, lest the Dark Lord decided to try and check his memories of Silver and Hogwarts.

HP/SS

Silver was curled up in none-other then Draco Malfoy's lap, the warmth from the large, main fire in Slytherin Common Room lulling him to sleep. Severus had been summoned for a Death Eater meeting during a private potions' session with Draco. So Silver had been unceremoniously shoved into Draco's hands before the greasy-haired man hand rushed off, leaving Draco with strict instructions to watch him. Blaise, unfortunately, had a detention with McGonagall for antagonizing Gryffindors in her class, and was currently writing lines or something similar for the next hour. It was a bit weird for Silver to be in Slytherin Common Room without Blaise, however he was enjoying the attention being lavished on him by the blond and his friends. Rolling onto his back, he stretched languidly, toes stretching up towards Draco's face. The blond laughed, capturing his tiny leg and wiggling it lightly, causing Silver to make a slight squeaking noise.
"Blaise is right, you're adorable" The blond grumbled at the kitten. Silver would have laughed if he could have in this form. Lately he and Sev had been discussing perhaps 'coming out' to the Slytherins, letting them know who he was. He had been seeing them all at their most vulnerable moments, behind their masks and he felt he owed them at least some level of honesty. However, that was all pushed aside for the moment because that bloody fire felt lovely and all he wanted to do was lounge on Draco's lap and soak it up.
Pansy laughed as she settled down next to Draco on the couch, stretching her own slightly numb fingers towards the fire.
"Babysitting Draco?" She teased, reaching out to stroke Silver's soft and very warm fur. "He's boiling" She commented, withdrawing her hand.
"Yes, A you-know-what meeting for Sev and of course he is, he's been roasting himself in front of the fire for the last hour" He said, rubbing the kitten's exposed tummy.
"Poor Sev" Pansy said, chucking at Silver's stretched toes as the kitten purred happily. Draco nodded in agreement, continuing to rub Silver's exposed, light furred stomach.