Chapter 10: Missing

As Severus predicted, Harry hadn't taken the news about the Dursley's impending trial (and his subsequent involvement) horribly. He shuddered as he peeked under the couch, he was searching for Silver, since he hadn't seen the kitten in two days. As he searched, his mind wandered back to the conversation he had had with Harry that faithful afternoon.

-Flash Back-

"Harry" Severus murmured softly, looking up at his adopted son worriedly, "I need to talk to you, please have a seat" He gestured at the couch, which was already adorned with Harry's blanket.
"Sure Sev" Harry flopped down, grinning contently, he had had a great morning playing with Blaise and exploring the castle. As Silver, everything was so different, so much more fun.
Taking a breath, Severus pulled out the letter he had received the previous evening and began his explanation. Harry's face had gone from shock, to fear, to anger, and then finally stopped on sheer, undiluted terror. Before Severus had even had a chance to speak, Harry had shifted into Silver and had bolted from the room, disappearing into god only knows what part of the school. Severus had sat there, stunned and staring at the space that his son had disappeared from. After a moment, Severus shot up and immediately began searching the quarters for his son, there was no sign of him. As time passed, Severus became more and more frantic, asking Blaise to help him look, and eventually dragging the rest of Slytherin house in.

-End Flash Back-

"Any sign?" Blaise asked worriedly as Severus came into the Common Room, a bit of dust smudging his normally immaculate black robes.
"None" Severus said, sinking into a chair. The students rallied around him, Silver had become a favorite of the Snakes (their mascot) and he was worried sick (as were they all) about the small kitten.
"The trial's in two days" Blaise murmured, wincing at the sharp look in Sev's eye.
"I don't give a damn about the trial Blaise, I want him back" Sev hissed, making sure his voice was low so no one overheard.
"I know Sev, I'm just worried" Blaise murmured, "I want him to testify, I want those bastards to go to Azkaban and suffer for what they did to him. They get away scott free if he doesn't talk. It sucks, he shouldn't have to confront them, but unless he does, he'll never face his fear, never get over what happened" The Italian hissed passionately. Sev's eyes grew wide as he stared at his student, before he nodded dumbly. Blaise made sense, as much as it was horrid for Harry have to do this, in order for him to heal and move on with his life, he had to confront the Dursleys.
"We need to find him first" Severus murmured, eyes downcast. Blaise had already been asked, prior to them telling Harry about the trial, if he'd accompany them to the trial (disguised of course) and the Italian had immediately agreed.
"We'll find him Sev" Blaise said, though his voice caught a bit in his throat, he was worried about his boyfriend and he wanted nothing more then to gather him into his arms and protect him from everything.

HP/SS

Silver watched Severus and Blaise from the small hole that Hogwarts had created for him in Slytherin Common Room. His green eyes were wide, sad as he listened to the two most important people in his life grieve for him. He wanted to go to them, desperately but he couldn't make himself come out of the safe place that was just his. He knew he needed to deal with the Dursleys, knew he had to deal with what had happened to him. But it was so much easier not to deal with it, to shove it aside and just be happy the way he was.
He shivered lightly, in the two days he had been missing, he had hidden in the hole, not coming out at all. He hadn't eaten, his once glossy coat was covered in dust and patchy. He knew he needed to come out if he wanted to survive, but he was absolutely terrified of confronting the Dursleys. He knew he'd have Blaise and Sev there to support him, but he was still scared.
Mentally, he scoffed. He was supposed to be the Boy-Who-Lived, supposed to defeat Voldemort, but he couldn't even confront a few muggles? He shook his head in disgust, large ears flapping against his small skull. He needed to -to coin a phrase- man up. Shaking slightly from effort, he carefully slipped from the hole, glancing over his shoulder as the castle sealed up behind him, ready for whenever he needed it again.