CHAPTER 29: "But you're not a guest."

Start from the beginning

Everyone's attention is immediately diverted towards us as we make our way further down the stairs. The chauffeur follows us down the stairs and walks past everyone to set my bags in the booth of Ahan's car. What was Aunt talking to Ahan about? Ahan turns his attention back to Aunt again and gives her a reassuring nod.

"I will K, you don't have to worry about that." He answers as I immediately look down, I don't know why but my cheeks immediately start burning when he says that. All he said was that he'd look after me? What's so nerve-cracking in that, Samaara? I quickly shake the unnecessary thoughts away and make my way towards Aunt.

"Samaara." Aunt calls me, bringing her hand forward. In confusion, I place my hand into hers as she takes it and places it into Ahan's and I immediately flinch. No one notices except for Ahan. He takes a glance at my trembling hand before fixing his gaze back onto mine. And my eyes immediately fall to the ground, unknowingly. I feel his heated gaze still on me as he gently removes my hand from his before turning towards Aunt again.

"I know this is all too rushed, K but I promise that I'll fix it. Don't worry." He reassures her, planting a warm kiss on her forhead and I look up at him. How is he going to fix this? Why was he reassuring everyone when there was simply nothing that was going to be done about this. The compromise of this marriage would just stay as it was, wouldn't it? And we'd just have to act like an ideal, happy couple in front of the whole world and Ahan's family no matter the lack of comfortableness we'd feel in between us. We'd just have to pretend that we were an absolutely amazing couple and in love.

"I've seen you as my second daughter, Samaara" Aunt's voice once again breaks my trend of thoughts. "So it only makes sense that I tell you this," she takes a pause as she takes a glance towards Ahan again before diverting her eyes back on me. "You also have the same responsibility towards Ahan that he has towards you." My eyes barely meet his before they look away again. "And doesn't matter if you live with his family or you guys live in his penthouse, there is a sense of responsibility from you towards his family as well-"

"K-" Ahan quickly interrupts but I shake my head.

"It's okay. I get it aunt. Thank you for all the love you've given me." I get down to touch her feet before pulling her into a warm hug. "And I promise I'll take everything you've just said into mind and try to fulfil all my responsibilities the best I can." I complete as we break the hug and she gives me a wide smile.

"God bless you."

- - - - - -

This wouldn't be the first time that I'd be seeing Ahan's penthouse. I'd seen it before when I fell down in the middle of the road once and he found me. And that's when he took me to his penthouse.

The car ride was awfully quiet as the awkward silence remained in between us. Neither of us had anything to say until Ahan broke that silence for good.

"Uh." He gave me a quick glance before focusing his eyes back on the road. "You don't have to listen and follow what K has said to you," his words trailed off as I turned my gaze over to him. "About all the responsibility and stuff."

"I get that but," I looked away from him as he gave me another quick glance. "I'd like it if I listened to her." My voice came out really quiet as I didn't want to sound wrong anyhow. "I mean if I don't have to follow it then you shouldn't have to either." He gave me another quick glance.

"I can't really do that." He answered genuinely.

"Can I ask why?"

"Uh," He let out a quiet chuckle and halted, slowing down upon reaching the marvellous gates of his impressive suite. "Not really." He simply answered, causing a smile on my face.