27

A/N - This is dedicated to WildMel83.   Thank you for all your support throughout this book.  

A question for everyone.  I am thinking of publishing a chapter three times a week now.  I have an idea for the storyline, but want it to flow well, and not have to rush through.   So.  Do you think lots of short chapters.  Or three times a week longer action chapters?

The bitter aroma of coffee, and the tingly feeling of Issac gently brushing cheek wakes me up from my nap.  "Wake up my little fox, I know it's not even day one, but we have a lot to discuss tonight.   The Elders are on their way."

Inwardly I groan.  For someone who invited me into their bed to sleep the night, it is taking a damn long time to get me there. Why do I have to meet the Elders again?  Ugh, my brain feels fuzzy.  Drinking the coffee Issac made me, I sit up trying to bring myself back into reality and the room.  You know what?  I know I'm a grown woman.  But I feel like sulking.  I am so tired, and I feel these wolves are all overreacting to who and what I am.  Whatever it is they are worried about, it could have waiting until morning.

Taking inventory of the room, noticing Anton is missing, and there is now a drinks cart with coffee and liquors, I notice my body feels excited?  Like there are butterflies in my tummy, and I can't wait for something, and I really want it.  What kind of coffee is this?

Anton forcefully opens the door with a death promising scowl on his face.  At least I had the decency to hide my displeasure over this.  It was his idea to do everything tonight.  Grow up and commit to your decisions like a man already. 

"They're here Issac.  Don't let her out of your sight."

"Whoa there, I am here.  Don't talk about me like I am not."   Because that's just not okay nor polite.  He keeps that up, and I may just walk out the room and go to bed like I want to.

"Roxy, forgive me, but you don't seem to understand the gravity of this.  You are so important to our kind, you can help us flourish and prosper.  And there are vampires who will target you for that very reason."

"I'm here am I not? I am cooperating, and not acting impulsively.  Be grateful I haven't gone to my room dismissing all of this as an overreaction."

Whoops.  I should have thought about what I was saying before I said it out loud.  He narrows his eyes at me, and his Alpha aura gets a little stronger.  "Shoot, sorry Anton.  I am tired and cranky.  Okay, so is Marcus here then?"

That must be why I am feeling these odd feelings.  They are not mine.  Huh.  I wonder what he's excited about?

Right at that moment, that's when someone knocks on the door before entering.  A small woman enters, mousey brown bob cut hair, big wide glasses, and a black pants suite.   She dresses to be not noticed.  But she looks... like a weapon?  The way her body moves is deadly.  Thats someone to keep my eye on. 

Behind her, Damian and Marcus follow.  His eyes meet mine, and greets me with a soft smile. Dressed for comfort, they both are in smart jeans, and tight fitted shirts.  Looking rather good for casual.  Like the models I sometimes work with.  Oooh I wonder if any I work with are in fact supernaturals?  Thats an interesting thought.

My stomach clenches, pulse quickens and my whole body is flooded with anger, and a need to protect.  What the?

"You."

Before Anton has had a chance to drink from his glass of cognac, he has shattered it in his hand.  Well that was a bit dramatic.  But he's looking at Marcus with pure disdain.  If looks could kill, Marcus would have ignited into flames round about now.  This does not bode well for the rest of the trip.