5

Issacs POV

I roar with frustration, anger and fear.  Who the hell is that wolf?!

It happened so fast I couldn't save her.  I barley know this woman, it's been just over twenty four hours, and she has turned my world upside down.

"We must kill who is responsible, must find his alpha. I want blood!"

"We will find out don't you worry.  I agree."

"We must protect our little fox. She needs us. No one must come near her! She is special.  She changed!  I want her to be mine."

"I get it!  Pipe down and let me think."

God that wolf of mine.  Ever since we laid eyes on her he has been prancing around like a puppy, happy and calm as can be.  I cannot remember the last time he was so happy.  Her presence is so.  Calming.  I have found myself smiling, and teasing her, totally out of character for me.

God.  How is she going to handle this. I growl in frustration.

"Someones coming."

Lowering my head, holding my breath, I hear the pounding of footsteps.   Letting out a deep guttural sound from the back of my throat, my growl is chilling in a warning to whoever it is.  They will die if they come near her.

"Alpha.  It's just me. I am no threat.  I am here to help remember?"

Emerging through the brush, Andrew steps forward, hands up, neck exposed.  But still has the nerve to walk towards us.   I give him another warning snarl.

"I mean no harm Alpha.  Please.  Let me help."

He falls to his knees, head lowered.  Thats better.  I am not this possessive normally.  But this is different. God.   I need to calm down, and get my bearings.  I need to shift.

"No. We can't protect her.  Protect protect protect!"

Ignoring my wolf, I take back control.  Center myself.  And shift.  Scrambling off of her body, I run my hands down my face and look at Andrew.

"You... Changed her"

"Yes"

"It worked?"

"So it would seem."

"I've never seen it before.  I thought I was impossible."

"You're right.  She must have wolf DNA in her blood to accept it."

"What happened Alpha?"

I roar in frustration!  Indeed.  What. The. Hell. Happened!   One minuet I was jogging back to a covered spot to shift, and go back and tease her in my wolf form.  While I was undressing I hear her screams.  It was the scream of pure fear, and death.  I killed him instantly.  But he had caused too much damage in no time.  Looking down at her body I panicked.  There was too much blood.  Her stomach had been ripped so badly I could see her organs.  Her body was covered in gashes and she was barley alive.  I had to give her a chance.  Even at a risk to myself, I covered her in my saliva to help speed up the healing process in case her body accepted this.   Having only heard of how to do this, I let my wolf have control for just a moment.  Something I have not done in a long time because of the dangers it poses.  I watched from behind, as my wolf breathed into her a part of our soul.  Our very essence as a wolf.   She would have to have a unique DNA to accept this, to let the magic take over.

Watching her body accept it was torture.  I didn't know what to do for her.  I covered her body with mine to help comfort her, help centre her.  Her body felt like fire underneath me.  Her screams made me rethink this whole thing.  I have never seen any creature in so much pain.  I didn't think she would make it.  But then I watched the most miraculous thing happen.  Her body accepted it, and shifted underneath me.  I stared down at her wolf, unconscious at my feet in awe.  She's huge.  Almost the same size as my wolf. An Alphas size.  I smirk to myself at her colouring.  A wolfs body, with a foxes colouring. Cute, my little fox looks like a giant one. The red is just stunning.  I want to sit down and caress her fur.  But I need to keep my head in the game.  Who the hell is that wolf.  And god.  What do we do with my little fox now?

"I am not sure.  It happened so quickly.  We need to get that wolf turned back into human form so we can find out who he was and where he came from.  Someone is going to pay for attacking a human.   We may be on neutral territory.  But it is against the law to attack a human, to risk government involvement.   Someone is going to answer for their pack member."

"I'll call Lucas.  See when he can get to the pack house."

"Ok.  First lets load them up.  You take him, I'll take her."

I lean down, and as gently as I can, I cradle my little fox to my chest and carry her back to the truck.  

"She needs us to guide her when she wakes up.  Protect her.  Must protect her."

I sigh.  Yes.  She will need us when she wakes up.  God knows how she is going to take this.  God, how do you explain to someone they are a wolf when they were brought up as a human.

Laying her in the back as gently as I can, I cover her with a blanket in case she shifts back.  Frankly I don't know what to expect.  I hear Andrew come up behind me and I hold back a possessive growl.  God what's gotten into me.

"Alpha.  We have another problem regarding Roxy."

"What?"

"She has a young kid, and she's a single parent.  The father is dead.   We can't just abandon her.  Roxy will loose it if we don't take care of her."

"Fine.  Call up Sandy, and figure out where the child is, and how to bring her to the pack house.  Also, ask Derek, his mate, and his kids to temporarily move back into the pack house to help ease the transition."

"Yes Alpha".

I look down at my little fox.  God when did I start thinking of her as mine?  Whatever.  I am going to do whatever I can to help her through this.  I changed her.  She's mine to take care of.   Her and her pup.

If you liked this let me know through votes and comments.  It helps others find the book too. :)