Chapter 5 (A Night to Remember)

Começar do início

Oh, Looking out at you,

I need you with me there

When we're using these moves

And if that is all we have,

Don't owe me a thing

Nothing at all

I guess we really, really made it

Oh yeah we really, really knew you'd go

Yeah!

Maru and Kahe were on their feet, bouncing up and down to the beat. Maru looked like she was really letting loose. Kahe smiled. She needs this.

As the song went on, Kahe began to lose herself in the music like Maru. Before she passed away, Kahe's mom would go on and on about the Squid Sister's heavenly melodies. Kahe would listen to it with her to cheer her up in her final days. A small tear slid down Kahe's face. Mom was right, she thought happily.

Kahe took in her surroundings as the music flowed throughout her soul. She noticed a familiar-looking squid standing in the front row, but the squid was too far away for Kahe to make out who it was. She appeared female, judging by the length of her tentacles, but beyond that, Kahe had no clue who it was. She appeared to be wearing a reflective safety vest. Who would wear that to a concert?

Near the mysterious squid, a male Octoling stood, jumpin to the beat. He seemed to really be into the song. A few rows back, Kahe noticed a small family of colossal squids sitting on a blanket. The family looked adorable! Could that have been Maru? A wave of sympathy for Maru hit Kahe like a tsunami. Very few colossals lived around Inkopolis. Not because they were rare, but because most colossal live elsewhere, in a singular tribe. Apparently, most colossals had thick enough skin that they could swim in water without getting hurt, so most colossals lived on islands or very close to the ocean. Maru didn't have the thick skin though, so she lived like any other Inkling or Octoling.

Kahe didn't know much about Maru's early childhood, it was a sore subject for Maru. All she knew was that at 3, Maru was adopted by Terry's family. Terry was kicked out when Maru was 9. Then when the rest of Mar's family died in a car accident 3 years ago, Maru went to live with Terry. That's when Kahe became friends with Maru. She had just started at Kahe's school, and Kahe was immediately friendly towards her, admiring her giant size, rather than being repulsed by it, like most. Well that, and both of them were into skating and gaming.

As Ink Me Up ended, the Squid Sisters and their band began to transition into the next song: Now or never. The song was pretty short, only being about a minute long. Then Callie and Marie began to speak again.

"Remember that one Splatfest, Callie? You know, the final one?" Marie teased to her cousin.

Callie rolled her eyes, sulking. "Don't remind me!" She said, clearly in a rehearsed way.

"Well Callie, I was thinking maybe we could have a rematch of sorts. We each sing our singles, and the audience decides who was fresher! Whatdya say?" Marie proposed.

"You're on, grandma!" Callie playfully taunted.

As soon as Callie finished speaking, the lights dimmed, and all switched to Callie's signature pinks and purples. She began singing Bomb Rush Blush.

Maru became particularly excited at this. She started singing along to the words. Kahe had never cared for Bomb Rush Blush. She barely listened to it, so she barely knew any of the words. As the song went on, a giant, purple and gray jet could be seen in the distance. It reappeared multiple times, in fact, hiding behind clouds every few moments. Something about it made Kahe feel uneasy. She couldn't put her finger on it, but it just seemed odd. She tried to shrug it off though.