Chapter 5 (A Night to Remember)

Once Kahe and Maru got into the venue, they ran to their spot on the grass. Maru laid down the big blanket she brought. For anyone else, it would've been overkill, but most things needed to be bigger than normal to fit Maru.

People were filing into the large venue quickly. Maru and Kahe were closer to the back of the venue, since Maru didn't want to block anyone from seeing the show. Kahe had protested, telling Maru that if anyone had a problem, they could just move. But since Maru was the one who bought the tickets in the first place, Kahe didn't really get her wish. It always bothered her, how Maru was constantly trying to compensate ohers for her height. Maru couldn't control what she was! Why should she have to inconvenience herself just so people don't get a little inconvenienced by something she had no control over! Maybe Maru just hated confrontation, maybe she thought it was polite. But to Kahe, she was letting people step all over her, and it pissed her off to no end seeing her best friend like that. She had tried to convince Maru to stop, but she just shrugged it off. Sometimes, Kahe really didn't understand Maru.

A few minutes had passed, and most of the venue had been filled. The lights around the venue began to dim, save for a few lights pointed towards the stage and the lights pointing towards two statues near the entrance of the venue, which were quite close to Maru and Kahe. The statues looked like figures of the Squid Sisters themselves.

As the lights dimmed completely, the spotlights began fading in, circling the center of the stage. A loud, male voice came on the speaker system.

"Are you ready, Inkopolis?!" the voice said.

Loud cheers could be heard all throughout the venue.

"What's that?" The voice said.

The crowd cheered louder.

"That's what I'm talkin' about! Kids and squids, jellies and Octos, please welcome-The Squid

Sisters!" the voice announced.

A fog machine spewed smoke onto the center of the stage, and green and purple lights danced across the stage. The Squid Sister's jingle could be heard playing as Callie and Marie themselves rose up on stage from the floor, making their signature "Stay Fresh!" poses. Kahe and Maru, along with the rest of the crowd, cheered as the Squid Sisters appeared on stage.

Once the short jingle was over, Marie began speaking to the crowd. "Wow, even now, we still have the best fans! Wouldn't you agree, Callie?"

"Totally! This crowd is more electric than the Great Zapfish!" Callie replied.

"Then how about we treat them to a classic?" Marie asked Callie.

The crowd roar with excitement. "Alright!" Callie and Mari said simultaneously.

The opening to Ink Me Up began. (Lyrics from Above video)

Hey there buddy,

Do you like our song?

'Cause you're

Shouting

Shouting

How you wanna

Play with me

Hey there buddy,

Jump in with the beat

When you all

Win the battle!

As long as I have you,

No we don't want anymore,

No we wanna go home