"I know what you must be thinking. I'm a terrible friend for not telling her. But Reece, I was fifteen. I was still a child. And when an older guy that I had always had a crush on, liked me back...I did what I thought we were supposed to do. He told me that unless I promised not to tell anyone, nothing would happen between us. So I made that promise."

"He was just graduating high school, and I thought that he was serious about me. Then one day, I went to their house to visit Lexi, and they told me that he went off to the military. Without a word." She says, but she doesn't look upset. Just determined.

"So he was your first love," I say, my voice weak and quiet, but I know by the direct look she gives me that she hears me.

"No."

"What do you mean, no? I was there Faye. I was in the hallway, listening to him begging to get back together with you. I couldn't stand it, but I kept listening, waiting for you to..." My voice cracks and I look away from her.

"He wasn't my first love, Reece," Faye says resolutely, but I still don't look in her eyes. I feel hurt and humiliated that she asked me to be here, only for her to break my heart. Faye kneels in between my legs and puts her hands on either side of my face, forcing me to look at her.

"It's always been you, Reece. I love you. You're the first, you're my only."

I see her lips moving, and I hear the words, but they don't register as coming from the same person. I must be in shock. My body feels like it's shutting down as it goes from hurt to elated to mistrustful. I don't know how to believe what I'm hearing.

"Reece, I'm so sorry that I hurt you. I can't even imagine what you're going through right now but let me fix it okay? Let me fix you, please. I have to." She says, with tears now running down her face as she holds me.

"You only heard part of the story. I was only talking to Elijah because he wanted me to hear what he had to say. I let him say his piece, and then I walked away, back to find you. On the fourth, I told you to drop it because whatever you heard had nothing to do with what I feel. It was irrelevant, and I know that I should have told you that. I've given you no reason to feel secure in our relationship while I figured things out, and I am so sorry for that, baby."

"I love you so, so much. Reece, you're my world. My life revolves around you and I don't want anything to change that. Please, please forgive me, because I will never stop begging you to. I want to be in a relationship with you. No more vague "together" bullshit. I want you to tell people that I'm your girlfriend. I want you to tell me you love me, but not how we used to. I want you to tell me you love me like you would tell me when we get married one day. Tell me you love me back, Reece. I can't live without you, without hearing it." She says, crying but not tearing her face away from me, not hiding her emotions.

Faye's face is a display of the contents inside, and I can see her truth from where I sit in front of her. My worries from before all wash away, replaced by the warmth in my heart upon hearing her words. The words. The ones I've wanted to hear for so long.

"I love you. But I'm saying it how I always have, because I've always loved you like this Faye, like one day you'll be my wife. I know it sounds crazy, but I've always known." I tell her, wiping away her tears and smiling for what feels like the first time in forever. I don't allow my jealousy to ruin this moment.

Faye sobs and I pull her into my chest but she squirms away to pull me in and kiss me. Her lips are salty from her tears, and I take hold of her chin and waist, keeping our mouths locked while bringing our bodies closer together. She cries happily against me and I have to break away to calm her down.