36

The day of the wedding had come, and no matter how unbothered Faye tried to appear, she couldn't fool me in the slightest

The day of the wedding had come, and no matter how unbothered Faye tried to appear, she couldn't fool me in the slightest. As soon as I had woken up, I had noticed her torment. Faye's eyes were wide, her lips were raw from biting them nervously, and she was making a huge effort not to pace across the room.

"Baby, look at me," I say, but she seems to not hear me, biting her lip and staring at a spot on the wall. "Faye." I try again and this time my voice registers in her mind, her head snapping to look at me, wide blue eyes looking into mine.

"Everything is going to go smoothly, and it will be just another boring wedding. Now go get your beautiful self ready so I can watch," I say with a grin as I watch how her nerves visibly decrease, and the tension leaves her shoulders. She nods.

We walk into the bathroom together, a foot between my front and her back. She watches in the mirror as I raise my hand slowly caress her shoulder with the back of it, dragging her tank top down and touching her soft, freckles skin. Her eyes dart up, meeting the reflection of mine and I step closer, moving my hands to her hips and helping her out of her sleep shorts.

Faye steps into the shower first as I hold her hand and I follow straight after, once I'm relieved of my clothing as well. Her red hair gets darker when the water soaks it, and I brush some of it behind her ear, admiring her fairy-like features.

She looks up at me the way I've always wished she'd look at me, the way I've always looked at her. As if the world starts and stops with the other person. As if we could never get enough of the other.

Faye and I take turns washing each other, gently, lovingly. When my skin begins to prune, I turn the water off and wrap a towel around my waist, holding another out for Faye to step into and wrapping it around her small body.

We each dry off and I ruffle my hair carelessly with the towel as Faye starts to blow-dry her own. I sit and watch her as she dries her hair, then brushes and curls it in perfect soft ringlets. She is so concentrated and I love to stare at her beautiful bare face as she focuses on her task. I love her freckles so much, it might be one of my favorite features of hers.

She occasionally meets my eyes in the mirror and smiles cutely before looking back to her hair. When she is done, I watch as she gently runs her fingers through her hair, breaking up the ringlets and giving her hair a nice wavy look. She does some twisting and braiding on her head, fastening pieces of hair with bobby-pins, creating an elaborate updo with a few loose curls hanging down around her face.

Next is her makeup, and Faye does a pretty, natural look that brightens her aqua eyes and makes them glow more than usual. She puts on her signature red lipstick and closes her lips on a piece of toilet paper, I watch curiously as the color comes off onto the toilet paper, but still looks perfect on her lips. She gives me a cheeky grin now, showing off her white teeth.

"You're quiet," Faye remarks, watching me watch her as she does the finishing touches to her routine. She still looks like my beautiful Faye, but with certain features emphasized by the makeup. I like both sides of this coin. Very, very much.