17

"Reece! Move your ass, they're here!" I hear Faye yell from the living room of the apartment and I do as I'm told, wanting to get this over with as soon as possible, but one look at her in her dress as I exit my room makes me change my mind

"Reece! Move your ass, they're here!" I hear Faye yell from the living room of the apartment and I do as I'm told, wanting to get this over with as soon as possible, but one look at her in her dress as I exit my room makes me change my mind. I could be convinced to stay a little longer.

Her back straightens against the back of the couch as she sits up, her aqua eyes are wide and blinking furiously as she looks me up and down in my new suit. From one look in the mirror earlier, I noticed that the suit, tailored to me, now showcases my long, muscular legs from years of playing soccer, my toned arms from working out, and my slim waist and hips that come naturally with my fast metabolism and healthy-ish diet. We only eat take-out most of the time.

Heat rises in Faye's cheeks and she blushes red from her neck up, matching the color of her amazing gown. I revel in her reaction to seeing me in a suit, taking note that this is definitely the first time that I've ever worn anything that fits me so well, and I'm pretty sure that I could say the same for her.

Faye's dress is shiny and red, made from some sort of smooth fabric like satin. It's strapless, low-cut, and completely breathtaking. Her red hair is styled up in some intricate style that probably took her forever with a few stray curls hanging down tastefully. The makeup around her blue eyes is dark and makes her look cat-like as if she has infinitesimal secrets that she'll never share with you. She looks cunning and her red lips add the last flourish, drawing attention to her plump lips, perfect teeth, and unusually shy smile.

The sound of a throat clearing snaps us both out of our relentless staring of each other and I turn to face Maddox, running a shaky hand through my neat hair. "Did you want me to wait outside while you two stare at each other, or...?" Maddox trails off with a sadistic laugh and I glare at him.

"Yeah, yeah," Faye grumbles and hikes up the skirt of her dress to carry it as Maddox turns his back and walks out, leaving the two of us alone again.

"Wow." Is all she says while her piercing eyes move over my tux. I feel uncomfortable under her penetrating gaze, not used to being the center of her attention, but always craving it.

"You too." I'm barely able to say and she giggles. I wince at my stupidity but smile nonetheless, offering her my elbow to grip as we walk down the stairs. When we exit the building, my eyes are immediately drawn to the shining black stretch limousine, a man standing by the open door as Maddox climbs in as gracefully as one can at his size.

"Are you flexing?" Faye asks, her hand still gripping my bicep as we approach the vehicle and I hold her hand so that she can step in.

I look down at her amusedly. "No" I laugh "Of course not," I say because it's true. She nods with an impressed look on her face and I just stare at her, confused.

I politely nod to the driver so that he can return to his place in the driver's seat to start the car. Once I climb in, carrying the rest of Faye's dress, I'm seated closely beside her, who has Lexi on her left, then Chase. Maddox and Aurora are seated on the bench opposite us, and Luke and Kiki are on the bench adjacent to everyone, at the far back.