Claws slowly expanded from her nails, and her eyes sparked yellow. "With or without magic, I am stronger than you." She growled softly. "No, you can't die here— but don't think for a second that I won't spend the rest of my eternity here ripping you into shreds every chance I get." Molly spoke, getting in her face. "Now, are you gonna let me go raid Damon's liquor cabinet, or are you gonna try and kill me?"

Kai breathed heavily, not responding. Molly pushed off of him and stormed out of the house without saying another word.

It'd been at least an hour since Molly had left. Kai had been trying to put the ascendant back together but he couldn't focus, he kept thinking about her.

So he gave up, and followed her to the Salvatore house.

When he arrived, he could hear loud music playing from inside. He clenched his jaw, and examined the house windows for any sight of her. He was just coming to make sure she was still alive, but when he didn't see her he had to go inside.

The front door was open, and as he approached it the music got louder— and he could see the mess she'd made. Broken glass was everywhere, things had been knocked off shelves.

Kai stepped forward and the glass crunched under his boots as he walked around slowly. The wood paneling had claw marks all over it, and Kai grew fearful that she might've turned and he was walking into something he didn't know how to get out of.

Papers covered the ground of the hallway. He bent down to see that they were torn from books from the library. He rolled his eyes at her dramatics, and continued down the hall.

He froze at the sound of something breaking from the living room and turned directions that way. The music got louder as he turned into the archway to find Molly chugging what looked like an old whiskey bottle.

Kai let out an impatient sigh and leaned against the archway until he noticed her. He let out a faint smile as she danced along to the music before turning to see him. Molly's eyes fell bored as he looked just as annoyed as her.

"Having fun?" Kai asked, raising his chin.

Molly ignored him and turned up the music on the large boom box sitting on the counter. She put the bottle back up to her lips as she walked past him and into the kitchen. Kai let out a scoff before spinning on his heel and following her in there.

He was immediately met with Molly holding a hand gun towards him as he turned around. He stepped back a bit, but she just stepped forward.

"Put the gun down, Molly." Kai let's out a deep breath. "You're just gonna hurt yourself."

Molly let's out a laugh, and flails the gun out towards him again. "I'm done letting you scare me." She swallows, the whiskey bottle spilling as she talked with dramatic gestures.

"Yeah?" Kai raises his eyebrows. "What are you gonna do? Shoot me, and then when I come back and hour later, shoot me again?"

She clenched her jaw, and then dropped the bottle. Kai jumped back at the shattered glass, and looks back up at her.

Molly brought the gun up to her temple, breathing heavily. Kai's eyes widened, "Put the fucking gun down, Molly." He says, creeping towards her.

"Why?" Molly shrugs, letting out a scoff. "No one's here— we can do whatever we want, remember?" She swallowed. "I've tried it before, and I'd rather do it myself than have you do it." Her words slurred together.

Kai processed her words, and for a second he swore he could've felt something, something unfamiliar. "I think you're drunk, and you're not thinking right." He raises his eyebrows, not sure how to deal this. He held his hands out as he stepped towards her slowly.

"Yeah, but so what? Right?" Molly's mouth twitched, she cocked the gun, and that quick movement sent Kai into a panic.

"Molly! Give me the fucking gun!" Kai yells, his face turning red.

"What are you gonna do?!" Molly screams back, beginning to hysterically cry.

"Put it down!" Kai screams over her, "Put it down!"

Things slowed down. Kai's yelling, and the music muffled. Molly could only hear her breathing. Her hands were shaking so bad, and her throat hurt from crying. And she didn't mean to, but her finger grazed the trigger, and that sent Kai leaping towards her.

Time went back to normal, and Kai grabbed her arm, then ripped the gun out of her hand with his other hand. He quickly put it on the counter and turned back to her.

She stared at the ground, tears falling from her eyes as she shook uncontrollably, unaware of her actions.

Kai breathed heavily, standing in front of her. And for the first time in twenty years— he wanted to cry. He couldn't, but he wanted to. He felt a strange feeling in his throat— it almost burned.

And without thinking, Kai stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her tightly.

Molly didn't hesitate before wrapping her arms around him, too. She buried her head in his neck and began to sob uncontrollably. Kai brought his hand up to the back of her head, and just held her as she cried.