Savior...Traitor

New York 4:00 a.m....

Thundercracker flew low over the darkened, decimated remains of the metropolis known as New York City; the epicenter, the start of the attacks. It looked just like Los Angeles except for one major structure jutting up from its injured surface. Thundercracker blinked at the purple and silver arch surrounded by the massive Energon generators. A new space bridge. The Constructicons had been busy. For a moment he swore that particular section was Cybertron. A faint flutter of homesickness disturbed his stoic thoughts. It looked almost beautiful. However the devastation around it returned him to reality. It wasn't Cybertron, nor would it ever be, but if the space bridge worked then it would certainly open a gate to their home world.

So the second phase of Megatron's plan was nearing completion. First they had to conquer Earth and enslave its population for Energon production—that part was all but completed. Now they had a space bridge to open up limitless worlds and destinations across the galaxy for them to conquer. And Earth's resources would be fed into that machine, fueling it and fueling the Decepticons' conquest of the universe.

Below he could see Megatron accompanied by Bombshell who was the genius behind the Constructicon's technical skill. Other Decepticons were gathering as well. Thundercracker angled downward, transformed, and landed in the area behind his leader. And then he saw Starscream appear from the shadows, flanked by Kickback and Shrapnel.

Thundercracker tensed, predicting the impending power struggle between Megatron and his Second in Command. So often Starscream and tried and failed to overthrow Megatron but he'd always gotten just a tad bit closer each time. Megatron knew this, he was no fool. But somehow, today, Thundercracker could sense an even greater aura of hubris around his Air Commander. He had a plan...and this time it might be a decisive one.

Before Megatron could react an arc of lightening crackled from between the horns on Shrapnel's back and struck the silver leader. Megatron convulsed in pain as the bolt short circuited his body and lit up his metal.

Amid the attack Starscream's voice could be heard, "So this is your grand Space Bridge Megatron? What a fine bauble to add to your fantastic performance." he smirked as Shrapnel finished the electrical discharge and Megatron collapsed to his knees, metal shimmering with heat.

"Ever since we defeated the Autobots you've been stalling. You're LOST, directionless!" (AHM 2)

Megatron lifted his optics with a harsh rasp, "Stalling? Waiting, Starscream, for you to make a choice." (AHM 2)

In the blink of an eye Megatron whipped his massive fusion cannon up and delivered a sound blast into Shrapnel's midsection. The beetle mech shrieked in pain. Kickback charged, leaping into the air and tried to slam a kick into Megatron's face. However the warlord was more than ready as he parried the strike and slammed the bug to the ground with brutal force.

He narrowed his optics at Starscream, "I've been watching all along, using those loyal to me to see who you would choose and who would take your side." (AHM 2)

Starscream gestured fiercely, "Not MY side, the side of the Decepticon cause!" He moved slowly pointing at his leader, "There was a time I idolized you Megatron! You were the symbol of the new regime. You taught us that we didn't have to accept what we'd been given, that we were destined for more! You taught us to rise up against the old order. To fight and take what we wanted from a world that rewarded the weak." (AHM 2)

The Second in Command lowered his voice, "THEN you led us into the endless war! It is time for a change Megatron. I am the leader who will uphold the TRUE Decepticon cause and not waste time on insignificant worlds, dragging out a war that has no meaning anymore."