iv. beaten.

Warnings: abuse. sorry-

——————

Zak sat quietly on his bed, legs swung over the edge as he leaned forward and stared at his computer monitor from afar. It was just a black screen, for now. He had just finished talking to his mother on the phone- and it wasn't like one of those happy phone calls you would receive when you won $1000. It was almost as if he received a phone call about his father dying, except the pain was meant to be directed towards him, and him only. The boy still lived with his mother, and she didn't like that at all. His sister moved out awhile ago, so it was just him, his dog, and his mother. She wanted him to move out so badly to the point that she would sometimes resort to verbal harassment. Calling him a failure. Maybe a low-lifed kid who can't do anything except play video games,
And that's sometimes how he felt. Zak's mother has been doing this for a few months now, and it's been emotionally effecting him as to he lost the motivation to even try moving out. He didn't have an actual "job", since all he did was record videos on youtube.

The call received not too long ago was his mother warning him that if he didn't have any plans to move out within the next hour, he would suffer "consequences", which sent a visible shiver up his spine. He was clueless on what he should even do- there was nobody who would even want to think about letting him live with them. Zak was a living troll. If anything, he would somehow hurt them physically with his habit of joking around a lot. However, knowing he would probably get kicked out of his mom's house regardless, he decided he would at least talk to his friends for the last time in awhile. So, the youtuber got up from his bed and approached his chair, sitting down infront of his computer as he turned it on, a frown on his face. He watched as the screen loaded and his background appeared, smiling slightly. At least the boy could find happiness somewhere. It may not have been with his family or anything, but if his online friends could do it, then he was happy. However, one of them made him especially happy; BadBoyHalo.

Except, for awhile, now, when they weren't recording or anything, the two tended to refer to eachother using their actual names, as Zak has come to learn his friends' name as "Darryl". He wouldn't ever admit it, but he truly liked him more than some of his friends. Something about him was just so... great. His voice was somehow able to calm him- and make him laugh to the point of not laughing anymore. It was strange, but the other just made Zak feel so.. happy.
After a minute or so, the boy pulled up TeamSpeak and joined the channel in which his friend Darryl was in, but there was also his baguette friend, a6d, or Vincent. However, they just called him the french man or something.
"HII GUYS." Zak screeched obnoxiously into the mic, laughing at the groans he received from the other two.
"Hoi Zak, nice to have you show up. We were just talking about you-"
"NO WE WEREN'T." Interrupted Darryl, who really didn't want to share any details.
"What's up, anyways? You always join when you're going to troll me, so what is it this time?"
Zak had stayed silent for a few moments, simply debating on if he should even share. They probably wouldn't even care, would they? They already seemed to get annoyed any time he was around, so he decided not to mention anything about what he originally wanted to share with him.
"-uh... nothing, actually. No trolling.. I was just kind of bored and wanted to talk to you guys. Wanna play some Minecraft for a little bit?" He questioned, just wanting to change the subject. After all, the boy just wanted to enjoy what little time he probably had left with them before he would get dragged off by his mother, which was bound to happen.

So, they both agreed.

An hour finally passed, and Zak was having a good time playing Bedwars with the two. Of course, they were having true fun. He wasn't trolling Darryl, let alone making fun of him- which definitely left him growing suspicious of Zak's behavior. But, he never brought it up, not wanting to let his thoughts get the best of him. It could be his head just messing with him, and the others would probably make fun of him an "idot" for thinking that something was wrong...
Although, he may have been right.