XX. LEARNING THE TRUTH

COLORS ϟ SIRIUS BLACK

XX. LEARNING THE TRUTH

AFTER TWO DAYS JAMES HAD NO IDEA how Lily could keep this information from Clara

"Because it's flimsy evidence and it's only going to make her more stressed than she already is. The least I could do is try to find something more tangible to tell her." Lily explained again, for the fifth time that day.

"Exactly, this could be the answer that helps Clara!"

"The answer?" Lily looked up from the papers piled in her lap, "There's no answer here! Only questions. Besides," She gestured to the Quidditch field behind him, "this is hardly the time to be talking about this."

James had taken an impromptu break from Quidditch practice to fly up towards Lily Evans who was sitting in the spectator stands, currently glaring at him as the wind tousled her red hair along with the parchment on her lap.

"What that?" He gestured to the rest of the team that was practising and kept glancing up at him, "Ah, there are other things more important, Lily Evans."

"Clara?" Lily asked, knowing that if Clara had a say in this she'd be annoyed that he wasn't doing his job practising with his team.

"No Lily, you." He winked at her and with a tilt of his broomstick, joined the rest of his team so that practice could resume as normal.

She rolled her eyes at him and went back to review the information they had found, which like she told James, was barely anything. They had pretty solid proof that Clara's grandmother and Severus mother' were close friends in their Hogwarts days and through most of adulthood. With being pretty well-known purebloods they were often mentioned in tabloids together. Once both were under suspicion of sympathizing with Grindelwald and participating in a muggle hate-crime. But since it wasn't as taboo in its time, Lily couldn't find any actual evidence supporting or ruling out this claim.

Deciding that the wind was a bit too annoying, Lily left the quidditch pitch to go to the library where would be less chaotic and noisy than Gryffindor's quidditch practice. The moment she sat down at her usual table, she felt eyes on her. Looking across the aisle of books, on the other side was Severus Snape himself, who was looking at her.

Immediately Lily looked down, breaking eye contact, and opened inconspicuous homework instead of the old newspapers James and her had been going over.

"Lily." Severus' deep voice sounded from behind Lily's right shoulder, and she jumped causing her transfiguration book to go falling to the floor.