VI. EYE OF THE HURRICANE

COLORS ϟ SIRIUS BLACK

VI. EYE OF THE HURRICANE

THEIR FOURTH YEAR HAD COME AND GONE with a bang, so did half of fifth year

THEIR FOURTH YEAR HAD COME AND GONE with a bang, so did half of fifth year. During that time some Gryffindors caused trouble, tears were shed and injuries were caused. Clara at the end of the fourth year confessed what she knew to Remus and promised to help him. She was surprised to find that three other boys already knew and were working hard for a solution. Animagus. That was now a constant thought in Clara's mind. Whether it was reading a book about it or wondering what animal she would be. Her, James, and Sirius often snuck out at dark to search through the restricted section for information. But their escapades were cut short when all of the Hogwarts students that were in fourth year and above were shipped off to France for a Triwizard ball.

The time had finally come. The student body of Hogwarts had been waiting, longing for this day. Girls'  trunks were overflowing with clothes, boys were discussing how many girls they were going to allegedly bang, and everyone shared a common feeling of excitement. Clara and Lily had spent two weekends over the summer looking for the perfect robes to wear to the ball. They planned to find dates for the ball in the Russian boys who were also attending. Lily already had a prospect, her and Aleks had been flirting the whole time the Hogwarts students had been staying at Beauxbatons.

Clara had no such luck choosing.

While she enjoyed talking to all of her new company, she wanted to go to the ball with someone who could interest her and whom she could hold a conversation with without the conversation turning to themselves for longer than 20 minutes. Some of the French boys were interesting enough but their eyes seemed to linger longer on her chest than her face, apparently used to girls who were used to this behavior but Clara was put off.

James Potter had elected himself to distract Lily from Aleks and was doing everything he could to win her affections. Guided by Clara Green he didn't fail as disastrously as usual, however in the end he always still managed to offend her and the conversation ending with Lily remarking , "I wouldn't go out with you if it was a choice between you and the giant squid." Needless to say, things were not going well for the young Potter boy.

Remus Lupin decided to not take the trip to France, he was one of the handful of students that decided to go home instead of France for Christmas. Peter Pettigrew felt his absence the most, making a fool of himself in the middle of a crowd of girls was hard to recover from. Severus Snape and Clara Green never fully reconciled. She had seen too much and feared for Severus. She was civil but was forever wary of him and the darkness beneath his skin.

But there were more dark wizards in France than at Hogwarts.

"That's where you're wrong Valentine. Muggles have just as much right to the world as we do. Just because we can wave a wand and they cannot doesn't mean they're animals!" Clara Green often found herself defending her mother's race more than ever. With the Durmstrang students also in France, the number of people who considered muggles less-than grew exponentially. Almost all of the students from Durmstrang had learned some sort of Dark Magic, and with that usually came the idea or belief they were above everyone else. Darkness was cast wherever they went but Clara always rebelled by shining some light.