Alec turned to face me. "I can stay with you, if you want." He offered.

I heard Emmett grunt from behind him.

I gave Alec a warm smile. "No, it's okay. I'll be fine."

He pursed his lips.

"Okay, how about I just stand behind you, I promise I'll be quiet. You won't even know that I'm here. I'll be like your shadow."

I giggled. "I don't think you could ever be quiet."

He smirked. "True, but I just want to stay, incase things go wrong."

I furrowed my brows at him. "Alec, the Cullens would never hurt me."

His face remained emotionless. "Are you sure about that?"

"Certain." I nodded.

He sighed. "Little human, might I remind you of the state you were in when Jane and I found yo. You almost-"

"I'll be fine Alec." I spoke quickly cutting him off. I was well aware that everyone in the room could hear us no matter how much we whispered.

I looked back at the Cullens who were frowning now.

"I'll talk to you later, okay?"

He looked back at the Cullens then looked back at me. "Fine." He finally spoke. He leaned forward and placed a kiss on my cheek.

I saw Emmett clench his fists behind us. Alec turned around and gave Emmett a very public smirk before leaving with his family.

The minute they were out, Alice was the first one to rush to me and wrap her arms around me.

"Oh Sophie, thank goodness. I'm so glad that you're okay."

I smiled and leaned into her hug. I did really miss her hugs.

"Of course I'm okay." I told her with a giggle.

She pulled away and just gave me a worried expression. "Sophie, you died."

I furrowed my brows at her. "What are you talking about?"

Jasper appeared behind her. "Alice had a vision of you drowning in a pond. Then after that, the visions just stopped." he explained.

That night at the pond in the forest...

"Oh." I said.

"What happened, Sophie?" Esme asked in concern.

I really didn't want to tell them about it but they all just looked at me expectantly.

I cleared my throat. "I erm... I just kind of... well I... um jumped into the pond, it was stupid really. But I'm fine now, Alec was there and everything is fine now."

There was an awkward moment of silence.

"You tried to kill yourself?" Emmett finally spoke. He sounded both sad and upset at the same time.

"As I said, everything's fine now." I told him, trying to sound upbeat but when I met his eyes, I felt like crumbling.

"That's beyond the point. You could've... died." His voice cracked at the end.

I just stared at him not knowing what to say? What was I supposed to say afterall? That I expected him to come and save me?

Carlisle cleared his throat. "We'll just give you two some space."

I wanted to tell him not to leave me alone with Emmett but I found myself fixed in my  position. I couldn't move let alone talk. I was just staring at Emmett, trying to memorise his face because I knew it couldn't possibly last forever.