Chapter 6

Since the meeting and the refreshments finished early afternoon, Minaal had almost the rest of the day free with nothing work related. Taking her phone out from her bag, she dialled her go-to person's number and waited for the call to be received.

"Helloooo!"

An excited voice came from the other side making Minaal smile.

"Hooriya, let's meet up!"

"Oye what? Ek dum sey?"

"Mere schedules ek dum se hi bantey hain. I am done from work for the day. And remember you said you wanted to tell me something, so I am curious."

"Acha chalo give me half an hour. I will catch you at Westfield!"

"Perfect. Hurry up!"

The call ended and Minaal had one more thing to look forward to in the same day. Hooriya studied law with her but her specialism was in immigration law instead of human rights. They have been each other's support since the day they met. Minaal was still in contact with Maliha who was planning to visit England to check up on her best friend. Minaal's life had improved in general by coming to the UK. Less friends but the ones who changed her into a different and a better version of herself. She was more confident, clearer in what she wanted from life and alongside her brother, Maliha, Hooriya and William had made the most contribution. But to getting her to the point of rediscovery was a voice of reason. His voice of reason. The same man who was now walking towards her with the same smile he has had on his face throughout the morning. But before he could reach her, William came from the other side and approached Minaal making Aariz stop in his tracks.

He was just having a conversation with her most probably work related, but it had still made Aariz feel left out. He wanted to go and talk to her. Because after their interaction earlier, he had understood that she didn't have any hard feelings for him but instead acknowledged the change that she experienced partly because of his motivation. Minaal was still talking to William when her phone rang, and she talked to someone and started walking towards the exit of the building. With a disappointed look and a missed opportunity, Aariz let her go and shook his head.

"London kia aye ho, mujhe lift hi nai karate tum. Zaalim!"

Harris had come from the back and had attempted to tease Aariz who just rolled his eyes.

"Tumhe itne salon se bardasht kar raha hoon ek din nai kiya toh ajao tum apna rona le ke."

"Ouch."

"Bolo kia karna hai jis se tumhe lage mein tumhe lift kara raha hun."

"Shopping pe chalte hain."

"Kia?"

"Shopping pe chalte hain kharoos aadmi! Westfield paas hi hai. Hotel ja key bhi humne ek doosre ki shakal hi deikhni hai toh acha nahi dunya ko bhi deikh lein thoda sa."

"Itna lamba justification dete ho tum Harris. Chalo!"

Both made their way out of the building and started walking towards the tube station which was only a few minutes' walk away.

--------------------

Westfield was a huge shopping centre and it was not easy to navigate from one side to another so Minaal and Hooriya had chosen the first entrance that opened to the food court. Minaal stood outside the food court waiting for Hooriya when her eyes fell on Aariz and Harris walking towards her. They had reached her side and had greeted her, and she reciprocated with a smile.