23. Blair Bear

CHAPTER 23:

~~Blair Bear~~

INTRO:

"Bil, what have I told you about keys!" I say not looking at who is standing in front of the door

"Uhh what?" the voice from the other side of the door says and I recognize that voice,

I look up and drop the glass of water, looking at the person in the doorway in disbelief.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G'MORNING Billie says popping her head into the bathroom.

"Morning Bil," I say to her, I just got out of the shower, I dropped Ava, Saskia, Jackson, and Amelia off to kindergarten this morning as I would usually do, and I am now home, I just took a shower, since the baby is taking a nap.

"Grayson called me" she whispers sitting on the edge of the bathtub, as I brush through my very wet brunette hair, staring at the mirror. My eyes look empty and are surrounded by dark purple circles.

I barely got any sleep last night, and the night before that, it's not the mattress or anything, Saskia is in Jamie's room now, so it is full of room, but I am having so much trouble falling asleep.

"What did he want?" I ask her my voice hoarse

"To see how you were," she says and nods afterward

"What did you reply?" I ask her, wondering what her answer would be.

"I didn't, I hung up on his ass," she says and I turn to her shocked, Billie is not one for confrontation at all- well unless it is about her friends or family, then she becomes ruthless, we'll Billie is more bark than bite.

"Thanks" I reply turning back to her, we sit in silence while I start doing my makeup, I'll get Billie to blow dry my hair after.

"How are you?" she asks breaking the silence, I stop and turn to her putting my brush down.

"Um" I start and I don't know "I'm not sure," I say after and she hugs me tight

"You're so strong" she replies and pulls back

"No, I'm not, it's been 3 days and I'm a mess, I cry myself to sleep, my girls don't know what is going on," I say and she cuts me off

"You liked him," she says

"Yes" I whisper "I did" I reply

"He seemed concerned, and broken sort of," she says trying to compensate for him

"He's broken Bil, he hurt me many times before, and I always forgave him, the one time I let him in, and we get together he breaks my heart, so he shouldn't sound broken" I snap at her and she looks at me shocked, I usually bottle things in.

"I was just trying..." she says and I smile at her, I know she means well

"Could you please blow-dry my hair?" I say and she smiles back at me