Chapter Twelve.

As I pry my eyes open to the sound of an alarm I feel an arm on me. I look behind me and see Dixon asleep on his back with his arm draped onto me as his hand cups my thigh. I bite my lip as I hear a groan. I raise an eyebrow and peer over the side of my bed.

"I'm pizza hungover," Daniel groans as he rolls around on my floor. I chuckle as I slowly pull myself from Dixon and stand from my bed. He doesn't budge. I smile as I look at how peaceful he seems. So unbothered by everything.

"How was he?" Daniel whispers as he stands and pops his back.

"What?" I ask quietly as I pull a cropped sweater and overalls out of my closet. I step into the bathroom with my clothing in hand.

"Was he a good kisser?" He chuckles as he asks.

"You the truth or a lie?" I whisper yell back to him.

"Truth" he states matter-of-factly.

"That was the best damn kiss I've ever had," I whisper as I smile to myself. I pull my overalls on and fasten each side as I look myself over in the mirror, "it was one of those kisses that hits like a taser. Like it grounds you to your spot and you can't think of anything else that's happening... that is until your friend interrupts with a pizza." I laugh as I step out of the bathroom and start setting my clothes into the hamper.

"Don't get me wrong though," I smile with my back to Daniel," I still wanna punch him almost every time he speaks.

I turn around to see Daniel smiling like the Joker and look to see Dixon grinning as he props himself up on the bed.

"Like a taser?" Dixon asks jokingly.

"Shut. You're. Mouth," I say as I try to hold back the embarrassed laughter that's threatening to come out.

"I knew I was good," he huffs as he climbs from my bed, "but I didn't know I was that good."

I hide my face in my hands and feel myself heating up as I blush. Daniel laughs as he kisses my head.

"I'll be in your office in like 45," He smiles and wiggles his eyebrows at me as he heads to the door, "see ya there."

I nod and then it once again hits me that I'm alone with this man. I feel my body tingle as I remember what happened last time we were left like this.

"So you probably wanna get back to your dorm to get ready for the day," I smile as I twirl my thumbs around in front of me.

"Yeah," he sighs as he stretches, "I probably should."

I nod as he makes his way to the door. He stops just in front of me, causing me to look up.

Wrong move.

I feel my mouth go dry as he stands with tousled hair and a lazy sleepy gaze.

I feel the urge to pull his face down to me and feel his lips placed on mine again. If he wants more. Then he goes for it this time.

Please. If you can somehow read minds. Please for love of all that's holy kiss me.

His arm reaches to me slowly, "so I guess I'll see you in there."

Dickhead.

I nod slowly as he smirks down to me.

I'm not making the first move this time. I'm not. Hold it together Madeline.

My body doesn't listen to the internal coaching as I pull him by his shirt to me and connect my lips to his. He lets out a small groan as his hands find their way to the sides of my face and my throat. I feel myself beating up as his tongue swipes my bottom lip. I part mine as his tongue explores my mouth. My hands soon end up tangled in his hair as we move back to my bed. He sits on the edge and I find myself in his lap.

His arms snake around my waist and pull me closer to him. I place my hands on his chest and pull away from him.

"Sorry," he mutters as his thumb trails along my bottom lip.

"Don't be," I whisper as I stand up, "Well. I'll meet you there."

I grab my bag and quickly head out of the room towards the office, leaving the main distraction in my room.

Focus Madeline. You need to focus.