Chapter Four.

As I close the door to my office I head back to my dorm I see Dixon turn his corner swiftly. I huff out a long breath and open my door slowly.

"Hello old friend," I say as I see my bed. I smile and flop lazily onto the black comforter.

I grab my phone and text Daniel.

"I'm about to get dick. I'll call you back."

I laugh because it's both funny and uncomfortable before locking my phone and calling it a night.

I flip my laptop to Netflix and click on 'Friends'. As the light fades and the words slur together I feel myself fall into a much appreciated sleep.

——

I get mad as I hear my alarm go off beside me. I grudgingly pull myself from my blanket and change into some jeans and a tank top. As I slip my converse on I check my phone screen. Three missed calls from Daniel. I sigh and head into my office. I pull out my Criminal Psychology textbook out and set it on my desk. As I take notes on the chapter I log into the computer and pull out my second notebook.

Dixon appears in the doorway, tussled bed head, plump lips, and pale skin... if this is what he's going to look like every morning god save my uterus.

I chew on the side of my cheek, "Morning Dixon."

"Morning Montgomery," He says groggily and I have to turn my attention to my textbook to avoid drooling just from the morning laced tone.

"You can call me Madeline or Mads or even Maddie," I say as I try to focus on the vocab words in bold on the page.

"I like Montgomery," he shrugs, "its cute."

I look back up at him and see him focused on me.

"Thanks," I say quickly and look back down at the paper. Soon Daniel appears in the door and nods to me.

"A few of us are gonna go get drinks after class tonight," he smiles, "wanna come?"

I lean back and look past Dixon at Danny, "I'm not sure."

"Bitch," he now leans fully onto the doorframe, "you haven't been out since Anthony left... it's time to have fun." He talks as if Dixon isn't even in the same room.

"Fine," I sigh, "but I'm not getting black out drunk this time," I give in.

He claps his hands and steps in to kiss my cheek.

"Love you!" He shouts and heads down the hall.

"Is he into you?" Dixon chimes in.

"He's gay," I respond while bullet pointing my next vocabulary in word.

He nods slowly, "where are you guys going to get drinks?"

"A club."

"Oh cool. Where?" He asks again.

"Down on Quiet Hill," I run my hand through my hair, "any more questions, officer?" I answer sarcastically.

"Who's Anthony?" He asks. I stop writing and just stare blankly at the paper in front of me.

"None of your business," I answer quietly.

"An ex?" He pries and leans closer to the desk.

I pull my eyes from my paper and meet his, "I don't want to talk about it."

"You got dumped?" He asks quieter.

"Can we drop this?" I respond with a shaky voice and rub my temples trying to ache the tears away.

He nods slowly, "so what do I need to do?"

"Go take count of all the rooms left empty," I say quietly and hand him a clipboard.

"You got it," he takes the clipboard and starts to head out, "nice to know you do have human emotions, Montgomery."

Before I can as him what he means I see him walk away with a lazy side smirk.