Chapter Five.

I feel wildly out of my comfort zone as I look at myself in the mirror. My black hair pulled into a high ponytail away from my makeup clad face. My skin tight wine red dress. And the thigh high heels that bump me up an extra three inches. I sigh as I look at myself in the mirror.

'Maybe you should work out before you wear that... that's too much makeup... I don't think you look too great with that hair... that dress really shows every lump and bump...'

All of Anthony's comments on this outfit flood to my mind as I think of the time I bought it.

"Damn," Daniel speaks from the doorway, "you're one hot baby."

I roll my eyes and tap where the tears have started to drop slowly.

"He really did a number on you, didn't he?" Daniel whispers while hugging me around my shoulders from behind, looking at me in the mirror.

I shrug, "I don't know... maybe."

Daniel leans down and kisses my head, "well I think you look stunning."

I smile and break from our hug, "we better get going, babes."

He nods with a saddened smile and walks out the front door with me.

——-
The blaring music and smell of alcoholic beverages cloud my mind as I dance with a random man I met on the dance floor.

As he moves his hands to my hips I pull away slightly. He harshly grabs me tighter and pulls me back against him. I push myself away from him and try to escape. Although in my drunken haze I think I've made it farther than I have. I soon feel a grip on my arm and me being sling shotted backwards. As I fall into the man's chest he grabs me.

"I'm not done dancing, sweetie," he slurs.

"Well I am," I answer as I try pulling away.

"One more song," he grabs my jaw and pulls me to his disgusting smelling face.

"No," I spit back and before I can move I feel an arm around my waist.

"I believe I heard her say no," a voice grumbles lowly behind me. The man drops his hold from my face and I fall backwards into my mysterious savior.

"Dixon?" I ask as I turn towards him, "What're you doing here?"

"Figured is check the place out," he gives that god awful shrug, "but I now see it's just full of teen chasing creeps."

I give a sheepishly sad smile and hold onto his arm to steady myself.

"Let's go back to the dorms," he nods and I don't hesitate to follow him. As we get outside I feel the cold Massachusetts air hit my bare skin. I suck in a breath and wrap my arms around myself. Dixon quickly pulls his leather jacket from his body and drapes it over my shoulders.

"Thank you," I respond quietly.

"No problem," he looks at the sidewalk as we walk.

I can the smoke on his jacket. Surprisingly I find it more comforting than disgusting.

As we make our way into the building he walks me up to my door.

"Do you need anything else? Aspirin? Sprite?" He questions as we stand outside my door.

"No I'm okay, thank you," I smile at him shyly.

He nods, "I'll see you in the morning then."

"Oh here," I slide his jacket off and hand it back to him.

"G'night, Montgomery," he smiles and folds the jacket over his arm.

"Goodnight, Dixon," I smile as I click open my door and strip to my underwear.

I finally find my rightful spot in bed and curl into a burrito of blankets. I bite my lip and think of the feeling of Dixon's arm around me as he saved me from the creep at the bar. I smile as I'm soon engulfed in a beautiful, warm sleep.