Chapter 16: Courtesy

Start from the beginning

"I just don't want him to feel bad or to hurt him. Most of all---I don't want to regret anything." Anything.

"How fast the things have changed. First I wanted him far away from me---I wanted to hurt him and now I want him close to me all the time. To feel his touch---may it be a little bit---I want it. I want him. My heart wants him---my body gets under his control---". Taehyung pauses, swallows the lump in his throat.

"And I feel so stupid right now because he will never feel the same for me. He knows I can't give him anything---not when I can't even let him touch me---not with a body like this." Taehyung chuckles bitterly.

"Those mere words have ruined my life." They have because Taehyung has been embarrassed alot of times because of this.

Taehyung closes his eyes and stays like that---doesn't know for how long.

-------------------------

Everything aside, it's Jeongguk's duty as a husband to call Taehyung and make sure he went home safely. He's glad that his meeting went well even though though his silver haired husband was all on his mind---

Or maybe he just needs an excuse to talk to Taehyung---hear his voice.

Taehyung's eyes flutter open when he hears his phone ringtone. It has happened before, Taehyung falling asleep on the ground and would always wake up when someone would call him.

He sits up and takes out his phone, Jeongguk's name on the screen. Taehyung immediately picks it up.

"Hello." Taehyung softly greets. Jeongguk's heartbeat accelerates, stomach flutters.

"Hey, you---did you got home safely?" Jeongguk asks and Taehyung's tense posture relaxes.

Jeongguk cares---gave Taehyung another reason to not push him away.

"I---I'm actually still at the cemetery." Taehyung utters, bites his lips.

"What? It's been two hours Taehyung!" Jeongguk exclaims, already grabbing his car keys.

"Yeah but---".

"Stay there, I'm coming." Jeongguk says and ends the call.

Taehyung sighs, closes his eyes and lowers his phone slowly. His eyes sting yet he doesn't want to cry. He shouldn't cry.

"See mom, now tell me how am I supposed to hate him?" Taehyung mummers, rests his head on his knees for a while.

The model then gets up, looks at his mother's name and then goes to the parking area. The model thankfully had a jacket with him so he doesn't have to worry about standing here.

Taehyung's heart thumps loudly when he sees Jeongguk's car nearing. The ravenette stops the car Taehyung didn't expect him to get out of the car but Jeongguk does and Taehyung gulps.

Jeongguk doesn't come closer to him though, stands by the car and looks at the model with an unreadable expression.

"You could've called me Taehyung. I don't think I am that much of a stranger for you." Jeongguk says, as if hurt that Taehyung didn't call him.

Taehyung feels a stab in his hearts---the thinks he keeps messing things up rather than making them right.

"It's---it's not like that Jeongguk. I always stay here for---".

"Just get in." Jeongguk utters, looks away and gets in the car.

Taehyung, for the first time with Jeongguk, opens the passenger door for himself.

The car ride is as usual, in a thick silence and Taehyung is dying to talk to the other---to apologize or to just get Jeongguk to look at him.

Jeongguk walks inside, has to go back to the company but goes inside the house nonetheless.