2. The Reaper's New Beginning (2)

Start from the beginning

Asher kept observing himself in the mirror as he got lost in his own thoughts. I might be in a thirteen-year old's judging from its pre-puberty appearance. However, why is this body so small and female looking?

The maid didn't notice his shocked expression and simply dressed him up. "This is why I would much rather help you bathe. You could've drowned, Young Master!" She scolds the still shocked boy.

"Zara, would I be having breakfast with my family?"

Asher said unexpectedly before looked at her in confusion. He barely just met her, so why would he know her name? Not only that, but he didn't seem to be able to control himself while saying that. It was almost as if another person had momentarily taken over him. Zara mistook his confusion and thought that the young boy was questioning his family's absence.

Feeling a bit hesitant, the tanned beauty opened her mouth to speak, her voice gentle and soothing. "Young Master, your parents had some important matters to discuss with the king and left early. Your elder brothers already ate and have already begun their training."

Asher felt disappointed, but he didn't know why. Why was he here? Who are these people she just spoke about? Why does he feel discouraged about the fact that these people wouldn't be able to eat with him?

"Zara, I'm not feeling well. Could you please bring the food here?" He asked shakily. His eyes welled up with tears as he turned his attention to the floor, not wanting to look at the maid in the eyes.

Sighing sadly, she bowed. "As you wish, Young Master."

Once the maid had left, Asher let himself cry softly as a painful smile decorated his youthful face. He was in an unknown place with people he barely knew. His heart burned with unknown but painful feelings as silent tears escaped his eyes and trickled down his porcelain cheeks.

Not bothering to wipe them away, Asher walked out of the bathroom and into what he could only assume was his bedroom. There was a big but comfortable-looking bed in the corner of the spacious room and a medium-sized dark-colored cabinet that contrasted against the whiteness of the bed's fluffy sheets. On the other side of the room was a wide closet that showcased different brands of expensive clothing. Other than that, the room was barren; devoid of any life or color.

The lack of life made Asher feel anxious as he tightly closed his eyes and sat on the floor. He rocked himself back and forth as more tears ran down his cheeks, the feeling of loneliness began brewing deep within him. His mom and dad-- were they worried? Did they even realize that he was gone? Asher rarely ever contacted them, to begin with. He was certain that they have yet to notice his absence. 

Then, the door opened. Asher breathed in the delicious scent of food as he immediately turned his gaze towards the door. Zara walked in holding a silver platter and her eyes immediately met with her Young Master's sad expression, making her frown slightly. She walked towards the white bed, placing the silver platter on top of it and removing the lid.

Asher wasn't aware of the maid's feelings as his attention was directed towards the food that was neatly placed on the silver platter. It's been so long since he had actual food. In the past, the boy had always ignored the feeling of hunger and mostly settled with eating at least four slices of moldy bread daily. He immediately stood up and walked towards the bed before sitting down.