boyfriend-girlfriend

Start from the beginning

I decided on a long trail. Anything that would prevent me from coming face to face with my peers at school would be highly considered.

I knew that I stood up for myself against Amber, and I was proud of it. More than proud, actually.

But, I also knew that Amber's little followers wouldn't consider anything else other than her. Who knew what type of falsehood her and Natasha had already spread?

Just as I felt my stomach drop, I heard an engine's roar nearing me. It was so loud that I could hear it past the beat of my music. I turned at the sound, and immediately felt my blood run cold as I realized my own fucking stupidity.

Chivo.

I turned around, and quickened my steps. It was then that I realized Kade's warning on walking alone nowadays.

Just as my feet rushed in front of the other, the sound of a honk sounded out. I turned once-more, but what awaited me reassured my nerves. 

It was hard to see through the tint of his window, but I recognized the car from anywhere.

Kade lowered the passenger window. What awaited me was a scowl.

"What the hell are you doing?" he asked, the snap in his tone loud and clear.

I huffed, despite the rough thump of my heart. "I was walking to school." I didn't want to mention how quickly I'd forgotten his advice.

His eyes narrowed in on me. "You wanna get in? Or, would you like to be carried?" Before I could respond, he lifted a bag. "I got breakfast if that makes it an easier choice."

It took me a minute to register what was happening. Breakfast, car rides, Kade. Those realizations made the dead butterflies in my tummy awaken. Though, it would take me a long while to get used to all of them. 

I placed my bag on the floor, then got in. "I forgot about your 'invitation' to a ride."

I shut his door behind me, sighing as the warm heat hit me. I could see the traces of a chuckle behind his hard decor, but it remained hidden.

He ignored my remark, eyeing me as I clasped my hands together for more warmth. "You want it hotter?"

I nodded. "Please."

His adjusted the heat, pulling himself back once he found the perfect balance. My eyes traced up his arms, then up to his face.

Today he sported nothing different from the other days. A dark tee, and jeans. Same appearance, yet even more attraction.

It didn't take long to reach school. As he parked, I glared at the school building. I'd much rather be anywhere else.

Kade cleared his throat from my side, ripping me from my thoughts. "Chivo and I agreed on a date," he announced. "You won't like it, but it's the only option."

I straightened in my seat, body stiff. I awaited for him to finish, though by the drop in his words, I feared the consequences of curiosity.

"We agreed that I can have two more weeks to fight," he said.

"I know that already," I frowned, recounting over our conversation from last night. "Why would I be upset about that?"

He ran a hand down his face. "I have to fight not only him, but his line of men, too," Kade finished.

I gripped the material of my hoodie in a tight hold. I had no idea how many men that was, but I knew that it had to be quite a few.

"H-how how many men does he have?" I struggled to get the words out.