Used

"Oh? What's with the wagon?"

It's really cold here in the mountains especially every morning. And here I am, keep on waking up very early to enjoy some freezing morning walks.

How stupid can I get? Shouldn't I be smarter because I'm Kokuryuu?

Wait...did I just?

I sighed.

As I returned to the hut, I saw Yoon and Ik-Soo outside with a wagon full of foods beside them - they're hugging by the way, how cute.

"W-What? You scared me, Yue...since when are you awake?" Yoon said, surprised that I suddenly popped up behind them.

"I'm a super, super, super, morning person." I yawned and stretched my arms a bit.

"What are you going to do with all of this?" I asked as I leaned towards the wagon.

"Perfect! You can take Yue-san with you, Yoon!" Ik-Soo said with joy.

We ended up going together, Yoon's going to a village in the fire tribe to help them out. Apparently, he does this usually back then, when he. E

"I can drag the wagon, Yoon..." I said as I tried to pull it.

It's not that heavy to push, but of course I want to help this pretty boy right here. He's a bit slow.

"I can do this, Yue! How can I let a woman carry this thing." He said, a bit embarrassed.

I laughed at him. How nice...but his legs are clearly a bit shaking. I guess a man's ego is something that you should really expect of.

"Then let's just carry it together." I said as I slipped beside him and start pushing it too.

"Geez, Yue..." He complained as his cheeks are getting red. I kept laughing at him.

"Oh. It's Yoon."

"He's with a pretty girl."

Few children then ran towards us as they greeted Yoon while I arranged the wagon properly and had some rocks on its wheel.

"Miss...I'm hungry." A little boy tugged my skirt and asked for some food.

I leaned down and patted his head. "Okay, big brother over there and I will make some food right away." I said with a smile and the boy cheerfully went back together with his friends.

I suddenly remembered myself when I was young, before Mundok found me. I was just like this...though their condition is much more favorable than mine. At least they have someone.

I went towards Yoon who's now talking with an old man.

"As you can see, food is scarce...and there are only sick and elderly here."

"Despite that, the taxes have only gotten heavier." The old man said.

I looked around and it is indeed true. This village doesn't have any working people, there's not much of a farm too.

"Do you know something about this, Yue?" Yoon asked. He knew that I was an ex-general and my past work, I guess it's natural for him to ask me about that but...I never really focused much on the Fire Tribe.

Is it childish to say that it's because I hate them? Of course I won't say it.

"Not much but...the Fire Tribe is really focusing on building their strong forces by recruiting able-people, they're probably increasing the taxes to fund their supplies."

"But this town shouldn't be a part of the taxes anymore...specially in this...conditions." I said.

People can even barely feed themselves, how much more to pay for taxes when there's not even a single income here.