Chapter 25- Plan Put in Action

The room was extremely quiet. It was as if the world had stopped. Both Ginnie's eyes and mouth were wide after hearing my exclamation. I could tell she was pondering my question. I also knew the repercussions she would be in if she had decided to help me, but she was all I have.

She closed her mouth and stammered. "Miss, I don't know about that. How would you even accomplish that?" 

I swallowed, "Well I hadn't really thought that much about it. I figured we could start by trying to find who actually committed the crime. All I know is that I can't let Harry die and you're all I have." 

She sighed and looked down. "I know this must be hard on you. But what makes you think that you or I could find them. I'm not really qualified," she laughed. I sighed and nodded. 

"Maybe not, but you are an observant women and, not to sound harsh, but you know the common people better than I do. I do have one person in mind to talk to and I may even know where to find them." I give her a smile and fold my hands in a prayer position. "I don't think I can do this without you." 

She contemplated and set her rag on the table behind her. "I suppose I can help," she sighed, but I could see a smile growing on her face. 

"Oh thank you!" I exclaimed and rushed over to her, wrapping my arms firmly around her in a tight hug. She smiled and hugged me back.

"Alright, alright that's enough," she pushed my off of her small frame, "Now, where do we start?"

"At the pub."

******

Ginnie and I had quietly attempted to steal one of the smaller carriages that lay waste in the farm. I attached one of the horses and we faintly left the grounds as to not wake up my parents. The horse did make some noise, but not to the point where it would alert anyone.

The night was cold and the only thing leading the way was the bright moon that shined above us. It was a peaceful night despite all the chaos that has ensued. I slapped down the reigns hard as to make the horse go faster. We didn't have much time. Ginnie sat beside me looking as though she was about to throw up. She wasn't used to this speed. After another mile the small town finally came into view. There weren't many people walking around and most of the stores seemed to be closed. The only lively building seemed to be the pub, our destination. I slowly pulled into an abandoned area and tied up the horse. Ginnie had made her way beside me. 

"So who are we looking for?" 

"His name is Niall. He was a friend of Harry's and Liam said that he was involved with the thievery that has been going on."

Ginnie looked somewhat confused, "But if he was involved, then wouldn't he be arrested?" 

I shrugged, "Maybe, but I have a strong feeling this was all a set up to get rid of Harry. I mean an anonymous tip. After all this time it doesn't feel right." 

She nodded along finally being able to understand a bit better. "What makes you think he'll be here?"

"I met him here and I got the feeling he was a frequent guest. If he is not there, then maybe we can find someone who knows where to find him."

We had made it to the front door of the pub and the putrid scent of alcohol wafted our way. There  was loud music and dancing that seemed to shake the floorboards. As Ginnie and I walked in, I surveyed the area to see if there was any sign of Niall. It was hard to find him because I had only met him once and it was extremely crowded. Just as I was about to give up, Niall stumbled down the stairs. He regained his composure and walked to the bar that was just to his left. I smiled.

"Look, there he is." I pointed his direction and Ginnie nodded. We walked over to him and gave him a tap on his shoulder. He turned around with a bubbly drink in his hand. 

"Ah two ladies, what do I owe this pleasure?" He tips his drink, which had spilt some on the floor. I stepped back to avoid the fallout. "Hey, don't I know you?" His question was directed towards me. As he pointed at me, he started to fall over again. I caught him and pushed him back on his seat. 

I nodded, "Yes, I am a friend of Harry's." He smiled and took a gulp of his drink. 

"Ah yes. Good ole' Harry. Heard he got in some trouble." His words were slurred and somewhat hard to understand, but I got the gist of what he said. 

I nodded, "Yes, the authorities say he is the thief and that you were his accomplice." 

"Ha! Harry? A thief?" His laugh filled the room. "Harry doesn't have the spine for that."

"I tried to them that he wouldn't do such a thing but nobody believed me." 

"They wouldn't seeing as they were payed off, me as well. Got quite the payment." He rubbed his pointer finger and thumb together as one does when gesturing money. 

Ginnie's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean they were payed off?" She asked urgently. 

Niall wasn't paying any attention. His glass was now empty. "Damn, my drink is gone. Where did it go? Another!" He slammed his hand down on the bar making both Ginnie and I jump. The bartender came over and asked for money, but Niall seemed to have run out. "Give me another drink!" He shouted. 

"If you don't keep your voice down, you are going to be thrown out," The bartender explained.

Niall sat down immediately and had a sad expression on his face. His shoulders were slumped over and he had completely ignored Ginnie's question. 

"Well, what do you mean they were payed off?" Ginnie asked once again. 

"I'm afraid I have said too much already. Now go away, you are killing my mood." He waved us off and faced the other direction. I sighed and was about to leave when an idea popped in my head. "How about I buy you another drink and you tell me everything I need to know." 

This grabbed his attention. He turned back around to face me and put a, what would be charming if he wasn't scum, smile on his face and sat up some. "Ok princess, but it has to be two drinks." I rolled my eyes. 

"Fine," I grabbed some change out of my purse and showed it to him. "I'll give you the money after you answer my questions." He sighed but nodded. 

He lifted his arms up in a shrug like manner, "Ok, but you have promise you won't turn me in or use what I say against me. If you do I have some powerful friends. Got it?," I nod, "Ok, what do you want to know?" I looked at Ginnie to repeat her question, which she did.

"Well first off you should know that yes I am one of the thieves, but I am not the mastermind behind it. I was mostly the fallout guy, which I now realize I am not being payed enough to be. It started awhile ago when this guy approached me in a bar in Spain I think, it's all kind of a blur. He promised a better life for me, so I thought why the hell not. After a while we make our way here. A few weeks ago he decided he wanted to be done with the thievery life and comes up with a plan to frame Harry for the whole thing. He said that I would be protected if the police ever found out my involvement because he could just pay the police off and they would look the other way." As he finished his explanation more questions seemed to pop up. 

"Why did he choose Harry?"

"Beats me," Niall shrugged. 

"Tell us the guys name," Ginnie insists.

Nialls sighs, "I'm afraid you'll have to at least let me get one drink first." He gave me puppy dog eyes, which did not help his case. I look to Ginnie who nodded her head reluctantly. I really don't like this guy. In frustration I give him the money and he orders another drink. Time seemed to slow down as he waited for his drink. The suspension was killing me. A few moment later he received his drink.

"There, you got your drink, now the guys name," I yell. 

"Woah calm down princess, let me have a sip first." In an agonizingly  slow manner he brought the drink to his lips. After the biggest sip I had ever seen, he set the drink down and looked at me.

"Ok, his name is Liam." 

*****

Ok guys! New update. What do you guys think? Pretty proud of this chapter. Hope you enjoyed it! Let me know what you think!