Chapter 17- Shopping Till You Drop

yay I'm not dead :) I hope you enjoy this one

------

We finally made it into town after a long carriage ride with awkward glances and painful small talk. I didn’t talk much, but it was hard to not look at Harry. Millie seemed to be awestruck by him. She continued to try and get him to talk. He politely played along, but eventually the conversation died down. This was supposed to be a fun day between friends not an excruciating time with a..well whatever Harry and I are.

He got out of the carriage first and Millie and I soon followed. We traversed throughout the town trying to find anything that would be deemed good enough for my mother. I still had some time before my dress fitting. I heard Millie screamed beside me. Harry and I both looked at her with concern.

“Omg, look at those shoes! They are absolutely perfect.”

I hear Harry sigh beside me.

There is a pair of shoes in the window of a quaint little store called Sole Mates, clever. The shoes were pretty cute. They were an off white color with a small tint of pink in them. They are opened toed and looked to be rather tall. It was all lace. The flower embroidery seemed to be twisted around the heal.

“I don’t know Millie. I don’t even know what my dress looks like yet. I can’t buy shoes yet.”

She rolls her eyes and scoffs. “At least try them on. They are gorgeous!” She gushes and looks back at the shoes. Her face is practically pressed up against the glass.

“Come on. Please? For me?” She gives me a charming smile and crosses her hands together. “Don’t you think she should try them on Harry?” She grabs his arm and slightly rubs it. He seems disinterested.

“It’s not really up to me.”

Once again she rolls her eyes, “Oh come on that’s not an answer.”

He sighs, “Sure try them on.”

Millie squeals, “See he agrees.” Once again she has that charming smile of hers on her face. Oh, why not. It can’t hurt. I sigh and agree. Millie practically jumps up and down and pulls me into the shop. A store attendant walks up and asks if we need any help. Millie, quite excited, requests to get the heels that are in the window.

“What size?”

I think. It has been a while since I have had a new pair of shoes. “I think I am a size seven.”

The attendant nods and walks off towards the register and walks back to where there are shelves and shelves of boxes. Despite the store not being that big, they did house lot's of shoes. They had them hanging on the walls and on a separate counters. They even have a section with various types of stockings and pantyhose.

The lady finally arrives with a box in hand. “Here, try these. If they don’t fit just call me for assistance. There is a chair right over there where you can put on your shoes.” She walks away leaves me with a tan box.

“Well go on. Try them on.”

I swiftly make my way over to the sitting area and take off my flats. I open up the box to be greeted with the stunning shoes. I run my hands over them. The rough texture feels interesting on my fingertips. They have that new smell. I slip them on but get distracted when I hear a loud giggle to my right.

Millie and Harry and standing by the stockings area. They are standing quite close to one another. To close. There bodies are practically leaning on one another and they seem to be engrossed into a conversation. I can tell by Harry’s side profile he is enjoying himself. Millie laughs once again. The type of laugh that is carefree and you just throw your head back. She once again grabs onto his arm. Jealousy surges through me. I bite my lip and ball my hands into a fist. How could he be so disinterested then all of of a sudden become to chatty?