Chapter 3- Rolls and Riding

Harry's POV

I looked at her. Her strides are beautiful. Just like she is. I have missed her terribly. When my father said we were leaving, I was distraught. I thought that I would never see her again. When we were growing up she was my best friend. Although I was hoping after a while we could be more than just friends. I guess that's out of the question considering what kind of world we live in. Maybe another time, another place, heck even another world it could have happened. Besides I would never be able to treat her like she should be treated.

"Am I doing all right?" Her voice snaps me back into reality. I nod, "Yes, just go through one more time and then do a few laps to kind of slow him down." She smiles and continues going around the course.

I've missed this. Just being with her again, well it made practically out of breath. She has always been a great rider and a great person in general. Oh how I have missed her. When I left I didn't just leave my home, but my best friend too. I'm glad I'm back.

God she looked so happy jumping her horse. I smile.

"Okay good. You should know the formation so just do that and we will work from there." She nods her head and begins.

*20 minutes later*

"Wow, it has been to long. I've missed doing this. And you I've missed you to Harry." She smiles while hopping off her horse. I nod, "Yeah me too." I go to grab the reigns but she pulls away. "I got it. You should know I love putting him away." I walk along side her towards the barn. It's about midday so there is enough to do other things. I would love to catch up with her.

"What else are you doing today?"

"Well my mom has a whole list of stupid and boring things to do," she frowns. "I'd much rather ride Alfie."

I nod, I have to admit I am a little disappointed. "Hey you and your father should come over for dinner. I'm sure my parents would love to see you again. Plus we could catch up some more."

I think for a moment and lick my lips, "Are you sure? I wouldn't want to intrude."

"No you wouldn't be. I just invited you didn't I?"

She giggles, "yeah I guess." She smiles. "Yay, I don't know what I would have done if you said no." She walks into the barn and puts Alfie away in his stall. She smiles and waves goodbye. I smile and wave back. I hopefully this dinner idea will be a good one.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Harley's POV

Finally, I finished practicing piano. Who knew it could take so much out of you? "Okay, good job honey. Now go freshen up. Dinner will be done soon." I nod and get up.

"Oh mom I invited Harry his dad over for dinner."

She gives me a look, one that I can't quite decipher. "Harley..."

"What?"

"You can't just invite people without asking."

I scoff in disbelief, "Mom Harry is not just a person. It's Harry. Plus I thought we could all catch up. After all we have not seem them in a long time."

She sighs, "Yes I know. But next time ask first okay?" I nod and excuse myself.

That was weird. She's never acted that way before. I thought she liked Harry. Yes, she's never been thrilled with the idea of Harry, but she had never acted that way towards him. Besides it's just dinner.

I get to my room and look for something to wear to dinner. I can't look bad. According to my mother you must always says look your best. "Always dress like your going to see your worst enemy." But I just think, what's the point? Most of the time the only people who see me are my parents. And why should they care.

I see a what puffy dress with purple flowers all over it and it has a satin purple ribbon tied around the waist. I decide to wear that. I brush my hair and make sure that I look presentable.

I get to see Harry. He really has changed. He's so.... manly, grown-up. And his hair is longer with less curls, but it still has the curl it. I wonder why they left in the first place. No one ever told me. Maybe I can ask later. To pass time till dinner I grab a book to read and enter a whole new world.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I hear a loud knock and jump out of bed. I quickly check and make sure I look okay. I here the door open and low voices. "Well hello Matt. And is this young Harry. My how you've grown." Harry smiles and nods. "Yes, it has been a while. It is good to see you sir." They both shake my feather's hand.

I walk all the way down the stairs, now noticeable. Harry and I make eye contact for what seems like forever. "The food is ready sir" Ginnie says. I break eye contact and walk to the dinning hall. My mom sits at one end of the table while my father sits at the other end. I sit on one side of the table by myself with Harry sitting across from me. His father next to him. Food is carried out and set on the table. A salad, mashed potatoes, meats, and a bowl of bread rolls. I reached for a bread roll and so does Harry. Are fingers touch and immediately pull away. "Sorry you're the guest."

No, no It's okay. Go ahead have one." He smiles and I take a roll. I can feel myself blushing. My mother clears her throat. "So Matt how are things?" She asks. Her boredom slightly showing through. Matt, Harry's father, starts talking but I blur him out. Focusing on my mashed potatoes and taking secret glances at Harry.

He looks up, catching me. I look away immeditatly. Gosh what is wrong with me? "So Harry are you still trying to become a horse riding instructor?" My father inquires. Harry nods, "Yes sir, I'm still very invested in the idea. While I was away I was an apprentice to Lewis Gull."

I gasp, "Lewis Gull! Oh my gosh no way! He's the greatest trainer ever! You're so lucky!" I say. I'm so jealous. Lewis Gull is world famous. Anyone who even gets close to him is super lucky.

"Yes, that is quite an honor Harry." My dad comments.

Harry smiles and nods, "Yes I enjoyed it very much."

"Then why did you leave it?" My mother asks.

"Well I just felt like I needed to try on my own. Amongst other things." He looked at me.

She nods not fully satisfied with that answer. I continue eating, thinking about what else to talk about. "Tomorrow we should go riding like old times" I suggest.

"I would like that very much" Harry smiles.

My mom clears her throat, but I ignore her and just look at my food smiling.

*Hey guys. I'm alive! Sorry I have been so busy but summer is starting so hopefully I can update more. Just be patient. Love you hope you enjoyed this :)*