Chapter 9: Recovering

Webby's POV:

Study hall was pretty boisterous, as usual, but nobody was being extremely annoying. Some students were either working on last night's homework, or playing games on their phone. Our teacher was in the back typing away, not giving any concern as to what was happening in the room, even if some students were being extremely courageous. By courageous, I mean over the top obnoxious. Last year, we had one student re-enact the Titanic on a chair. I am currently sitting towards the back of the room with Kendra just trying to figure out how to get revenge on the 'Menacing Angels.' "Sometimes violence isn't always the answer, Webby." Lena said reassuringly "Even though they completely deserve it, you shouldn't stoop to their level, trust me, I know..." "You're right, Lena. It can wait, plus I have to keep true to Granny's word." I thought "Even though it doesn't help the situation since two of Josy's spies are watching us..." "Hey, you good, Webby?" Kendra asked, nudging my shoulder. "You spaced out." "Yeah, just thinking..." I lied. "I heard rumors last year about you trying to summon a spirit... was that person your friend?" I hesitated for a second, then nodded. "Yeah, ever since I was free to go explore the world, I met my first friend named Lena, but she was lost to the Shadow War seven years ago... now I'm doing whatever it takes to bring her back." I explained. "I see.." said Kendra "I would do the same if I lost my friend." I smiled at her, then heard a ding from my phone. I reached into a folder in my binder, and pulled it out. "I should have brought my bag with me..." The guys started an email sequence, why an email sequence? So it looks inconspicuous to teachers, even though it's on a phone, but study hall teachers never really pay attention, anyway.

New Day, New Sequence

SeniorWoodchuck: Title chosen by yours truly~

GreenHoodie™: Yea, we know.

GrappleGal: Hang on, I'm going to add a few people!

AdventureIsOutThere: Sure thing!

******

I put my phone down for a minute, and asked Kendra for her and Lilly's email. "Uh, MythicScarfs and WaterLilly?.. What for?" "You'll see." I said, furiously typing them in. "Ok..." She received a ding from her phone, and stared back at me. I simply smiled, and looked back at my phone.

******

MythicScarfs: Yo, this is Kendra!

AdventureIsOutThere: Cool name!

MythicScarfs: Thanks!

WaterLilly: Hey guys, Lilly returns.

GreenHoodie™: *Claps slowly* Louie approves.

AdventureIsOutThere: Soo, how is study hall going?

GrappleGal: It's ok... although we are constantly being watched by two 'Menacing Angels.'

AdventureIsOutThere: That sucks, we're in the same room as Drake.

MythicScarfs: Mega oof..!

SeniorWoodchuck: Speaking of the subject, we heard something happened between you guys and Josy's posse...

WaterLilly: Wait, I never heard about this, what happened?

MythicScarfs: Should I tell them, or do you wanna tell?

GrappleGal: I don't really care...

GreenHoodie™: Somebody spill already!

MythicScarfs: Basically, Josy threatened to make my life miserable for the rest of Senior Year, then we ran into them after Survey, and Hazel accused Webby of being a witchcrafter, and me being a psycho.