So Maybe I'm Not Okay, But I Have Cheese

Adrien walked to his room solemnly as usual. "It's not fair, why don't I get to go to Kitty Section's performance?" He pressed play on his recording of the piano and sat down in front of his computer.

"Kid? You good? Because if so, I'd very much like some camembert," Plagg stated, flying into Adrien's cabinet and taking a giant chomp out of his stinky cheese.

"I'm fine, Plagg. Just kinda sad. Ever since Mom disappeared, Father's been so distant and controlling. I never get to go anywhere unless the Gorilla is with me, I barely manage to go to school, and I always feel like I have no control over my life," Adrien answered. He clicked on a folder of images of his mom.

*Flashback*

"Adrien, dear, you're going to catch a cold, come inside!" Emilie Agreste called from the porch. It was a snow day, and ten year old Adrien had been having a snowball fight with Chloe Bourgeois. Emilie leaned over to Gabriel and whispered something in his ear. "I never really liked that Chloe, but at least she makes Adrikins happy." Gabriel chuckled and put his arm around Emilie. 

"Coming, Mom!" Adrien tripped over a pile of snow, causing Chloe to laugh. "What's for dinner?" Emilie picked up her small child and carried him to the table. 

"I made mashed potatoes and a pork loin. Is that enough for my little darling?" Emilie laughed, the most beautiful smile on her face." Adrien smiled back at her and dug in to his dinner. Gabriel and Emilie looked lovingly at their child. With no warning, Emilie collapsed, a loud thud alerting the family that she was down. Gabriel dropped to the ground and shook her desperately, discreetly removing a peacock pin from her shirt. 

"EMILIE!" Gabriel cried out, begging for his wife to wake up. It felt like hours had passed, when really, only seconds passed before Emilie's eyes opened gently. "Is everything okay? You took a hard fall, there," Gabriel said with concern, looking pointedly at the peacock pin. 

"Relax, Gabey. I'm fine," Emilie responded, fastening her pin back to her pantsuit. "If you're that concerned, I'll go see a doctor tomorrow, but I'll be fine." Emilie sat down calmly at the dinner table and ate her food as though nothing had happened. Gabriel looked at her with fear, hoping that her life wouldn't come to an end soon...

*End Flashback*

"Well, at least you've got your cheese, Plagg," Adrien said, trying hard not to cry. He had never felt such sadness, not even when Ladybug rejected him. Oh gosh, Ladybug. A whole new wave of sadness came over him as he recalled all his rejections. And he couldn't forget about the other guy Ladybug was in love with. His sadness was almost immediately replaced with anger. What did he do to deserve this? He had such a happy life and it was almost all destroyed. "Plagg, claws out," Adrien shouted angrily, transforming into Chat Noir. He planned to go to Marinette's house when he saw the picture of him and his father after his mother's disappearance. He finally lost his cool and burst into tears. A purple butterfly squeezed its way through his bedroom door and landed on his ring.

"Yes, Hawk Moth..."

AN: so yeah i know this wasn't a ship story but like :/ sorry lol