Chapter 5: Banquet (2)

To let them gain favor from the Crown Prince was what Yin Lanying intentionally wanted. Even if she didn't want to have close bonds with them anymore, it was still best to make sure the three of them wouldn't be an obstacle in her new path of life.

Yin Rue gently plucked the strings of the guqin with wind-sounding vibrations that made the people around her become immersed with visuals of falling waters into a cold spring out in the forest. And out of the water-filled spring was a fair maiden clad in pink dancing to the water-drops that reflected the sunlight shone on the clear surface of its exterior.

Yin Rui was moving along with the natural tune, making sure to be as serene as a goddess. Even though it won't make her look like one, a fairy was a suited word for her gracefulness. The twin sisters' talents in the guqin and dancing were admirable in others' eyes and have long been admired by the Emperor and Yang Le, having their statuses rooted as the Crown Prince's consorts in the future.

The sisters saw their expressions and passively thanked their Fourth Sister for giving them an easy way towards prosperity. If Lanying heard what they were thinking, she would just smile at them. For her, prosperity will be earned through her efforts and not by entering the Imperial Harem where schemes and survival take place.

It is just not worth it.

Why bother with that when one can achieve a much higher goal of cultivating to become an immortal?

As one should care for their country's people and family as the priority, she wasn't the Emperor nor someone who will marry anytime soon in two years. Coming back to when she was 13-year old, she will no longer follow the old fate and now follow what destiny awaits for her.

Yet Lanying was also admiring the show and glancing upon the finger-work of her Second Sister. The guqin was very interesting because not only it can be used for entertainment, it can be used as a weapon as said in one of the cultivation books her Eldest Sister has given her in the previous life when she was in the mood to read. Perhaps she should learn it someday.

The show came to an end and right after Yin Rue and Yin Rui went back to their seats from everyone's applause, Yin Lanying stood up from her seat once more and walked down in a distance from the Emperor to bow.

"Your Majesty, this scholar's daughter has something she needs to say."

Having been blessed with talented future daughter-in-laws, Emperor Yang Chao was smiling upon Lanying in a good mood. Whatever made this Fourth Lady of her family become respectful and smart, he can see that she had changed to be more wise just like in her scholarly blood.

"Go ahead! Zhen will hear what you have to say." He had completely gave her his full attention, which made Empress Li Shu hide her subtle jealousy for the young girl.

A pair of red eyes gave a glint of amusement upon witnessing the scene.

"I, Yin Lanying, had indeed fell in love with Crown Prince at first until today. Star Spirit Sect Leader Huang Li Xia had told me in thought transmission about my characters being inauspicious with Crown Prince's characters. Thus I chose the hard decision to stop my affections for his highness in order for him to be safe from me by becoming a student of Star Spirit Sect, away from his highness."

Her words caused everyone to gossip among each other. Some pitied her fate while some smiled at how she was no longer their love rival and the last doubt her words.

Huang Li Xia was the sect leader of the Star Spirit Sect, a righteous sect dedicated to the cultivation of star energy. And Yin Xingxing was the disciple of the sect leader, the First Elder herself!

Seeing that the Eldest Miss of the Yin Family did not reprimand her sister for mentioning her master proves how much a kind goddess she was to let her say her master's name. As if she noticed the stares, Yin Xingxing nods her head to confirm Lanying's words before everyone.

Yang Le could only stare at the blue-eyed young lady who will have her coming-of-age ceremony in two years. He still couldn't believe that the girl who was obsessed with him suddenly turn out to become independent. She was willing to act like a wife with him but seeing her today gave him an inexplicable feeling in his heart.

"Zhen believes that Sect Leader Huang Li Xia's words for you were not in vain." Emperor Yang Chao was friends with him so he knows how much he can change a person's life by inviting them to be students of the sect. "Zhen will bestow treasures to the two ladies of the Yin Family for their magnificent display of talent and engagement with my son. As for Lady Yin Lanying, the treasure that your mother gave me will be bestowed upon you."

My mother?

Lanying never seen her mother since she was born. Having the Emperor say that her mother gifted him a treasure and now passed down to her, she didn't know what to say except accepting his grace. Perhaps she'll know later on.

Unlike her, Wei Tian Yue held a fist inside her sleeve. How dare that mere First Wife gift a treasure to the Emperor without her husband knowing! She dared hide something very precious from Yin Hao! As the Second Wife now ruling the household, she won't let that woman's daughter implicate her twin daughters from marrying the Crown Prince!

She then felt a chill down her spine, retracting her envy and cautiously looking around for the source of the chilling sensation going around her body. Yin Hao saw his second wife and placed his hand on her own to comfort her.

"Yue'er, is there something wrong? I didn't know that damn woman was keeping such a treasure to show off to the Emperor. If it's the treasure you want, I can have Yin Lanying give it to you when we return home."

"Y-Yes, thank you dear."

"Anything for you, Yue'er. Xiao Rue and Xiao Rui are able to be engaged to the Crown Prince, so once we go back home we'll go tell my mother about it."

"En."

The same pair of red eyes stared down on the adult couple with a glint of disgust before glancing at the attractive blue eyes of the Fourth Miss.

It wonders if it should go meet her.