Chapter 3: Things Of The Past

Immediately after Yin Lanying left her courtyard in her sleeping outfit, two identical girls were looking out of their courtyard window view seeing her walking towards their eldest sister's courtyard. The more mature-looking one stared with noticeable dark intent.

"Quite shameless to go out to elder sister while not wearing clothes properly. Right, Yin Rui?"

"Indeed, Yin Rue. It seems that she has finally become insane. We can rest easy to get rid of her."

The other identical twin laughed in excitement.

. . .

The eldest daughter of the Yin Family resided in a plain courtyard where the only decorations, stringed perfume bags, were hung up on the pillars of the pavilion. Within it was the eldest daughter pouring a cup of tea on the side of an empty seat, as if she was expecting someone to arrive.

And of course that someone was Yin Lanying, with her two maids catching their breaths from having to chase after her running nonstop to get here. When she saw the mature beauty smile at her tenderly while standing in the pavilion. . .she recalled the first words that were said from her elder sister's mouth.

"The sleeping soul will rise once more above the blue springs, bask the lands with its return, reunite with fire, and live with fate."

The girl didn't understand the riddle of those words other than the fact that it resonated within her strongly at that time. It was when she first met her at the age of 3 years old.

"Eldest Sister Yin Xingxing. . .I've come back."

"Welcome back, dearest sister Yin Lanying. Are you prepared to go through this path of destiny? Once you engage in this journey, it will never be the same."

Yin Lanying wasn't fazed at how she knew about her coming back to the past. Her eldest sister had been honest and straight with her words even when she was being a white lotus in her childhood. The fourth miss of the Yin Family never cared for the first miss's words and advice throughout her first life because she resented the fact that Yin Xingxing had power and was liked by many. She didn't hate her character in general, instead she respected her strength and just wanted to be as powerful as her.

It was only the identical twin sisters that made her go through the hell that was the past life.

"When you said you were a starseer, why didn't you tell me that in the beginning? You only told me you were one at the end to guide me to my true calling. . .but you ended up being executed along with the rest of them. I didn't even have the choice to ask you anything. So why?"

Yin Xingxing's smiling face didn't change when asked; only serenity was seen. "Destiny needed to be set in motion. Such as your end. If I had informed you sooner before it started, then your return would've been for naught. Thus my intentions were hidden for destiny to rotate its wheels on your life." The mature first miss walked towards her fourth sister with natural elegance in her movements, reaching her hands to take Yin Lanying's hands gently.

"The things of the past. . .will no longer be of this second life."