Memories

This will contain Endgame spoilers, so skip if you haven't seen the movie.

———————————————————

When Tony snapped his fingers, he saw all his good memories, or at least some of them.
Just like Thanos saw little Gamora, Tony saw his most loved people.

He remembered when he first met Pepper. They were both teenagers, he was a Playboy by then, but Pepper didn't seem to mind, she was always there to help him. She was the one who helped him get over the first break-up he cared about. She went to pick him up at night when he was too drunk, she listened to him the few times he opened himself to her, she was there when his parents died, she came to live with him in Malibu...
He saw her teary face when he got back from Afganistán, he saw her helping him get throw his panic atacks. He saw the moment they started dating again, the moment he proposed to her, the moment when he confesed her he wanted children, the moment he came to earth, when they found out she was pregnant, that nine months of stressing Rhodes over how to be a good dad, when Morgan was done and all the moments the three had had together.

He also remembered all he had done with Rhodey and Happy, his bestfriends, the parties the jokes the good times... He remembered the time he saw Happy waking up at the hospital after being punched (Iron Man 3) and when Rhodey was able to walk after the civil war disaster.

He remembered the good times he got to spend with the avengers, the parties celebrating their victory, eating shawarma, meeting Clint's family, and acting like a family in all ways. He remembered being Bruce's science bro, being part of the holy trinity with Steve and Thor, entering Natasha's comfort zone and being friends with her...
He remembered the time Steve though Pepper was pregnant (at civil war) and his eyes iluminated at the though of being an uncle.

He remembered the kid. Peter Parker. The boy who adored him and loved him no matter what he did. Tony knew Peter felt like this towards him, but Peter didn't know Tony felt the same, and he would never be able to know now.
Tony saw how sad Peter was after Homecoming, so he tried to spend more time with him. At the beggining they were simple texts between the two. Then Tony started to patrol with him some days, Peter then started to spend weekend at the compound trying to improve the suit. Tony saw how clever was and offered him a real internship, which he aceppted super happy. They spent more and more time together, Peter got to know Pepper and Rhodey, he felt nervous around them, but he loved seeing them.
He remembered that time when he and Peter went to celebrate Peters bday or when the kid asked him for advice with a girl.

Tony then came back to reality and saw the most important people to him around him. Peter was whispering to him that he was sorry, pleading him to stay with him, he even called him Tony... Pepper touched Peters shoulder to comfort him but he just cried-screamed more. Tony looked at Rhodey, his bestfriend for life, and thanked him silently for comforting Peter while he was also broken. He could sense Steve and Thor's eyes at him in the distance, both crying over a lost friend. He then looked at Pepper, the love of his life, his biggest support, the mom of his daughter, poor Morgan, he hoped she knew how much she loved him, even more than three thousend.

"Pep" that was his last word, Pepper looked strong

"Its okay. You can rest now". But he knew she was breaking inside, he knew the moment he closed his eyes, she would cry so so so much for him. She would embrace Peter, and they both would cry together. Probably Steve would carry his death body, he would have a big funeral and the world would remember him, but he just wanted to make sure they would be okay, he needed to know that, if he didn't, he would never find peace.
When he heard Pepper say those words, he closed his eyes to come into a deep sleep.

When he opened his eyes again he was not at the compound. Everything around him was color white, or gold, or silver. He could hear the sea, but before he could walk to the beach, he saw a figure in the distance. At the moment he knew where he was. At heaven.

Silently tears rolled down his cheeks while he approached the figure. Her red hair was tied in a braid and she was looking at the horizont.

"Nat, you missed me?"

She looked around until she saw him, her beloved friend. A river of tears running down her face now, she was facing him with wide eyes.

"Tony!" They ran to each other and they hugged. After a moment, she looked at him right in the eye.

"You shouldn't be here. Tony, I did what I did so any of yOU HAD TO DIE!!!" she was glaring at him, that death glare mixed with love only Natasha Romanoff could do.

"Nat, come here.... " he hugged her again, "I missed you, we all missed you"

"I know, but I did what it had to be done, and YOU know that right?"

At this Tony went red, he supposed Nat would know he sacrificed himself just like she did, but that didn't mean he wanted her to scold him for it.

"Yeah well... you know I had to... And youre not one to talk."

"Did we win?"

"We won..." at the moment the words felt heavier.

"Whats wrong?"

"The... the kid... he said that to me when I was dying, he sounded so broken..."

"He loved you Tony, just like you do. Don't worry about Morgan and Pepper, they know you love them. And they are strong women."

"Just like you"

"Want to tell me about Morgan and Peter? I know you do. And you can cry"

And they spend amounts of time like that, talking, crying, laughing, remembering...

From heaven they saw their family lifes. They could see Morgan grow up and Peter fall in love. They saw how Sam became a support to Bucky after Steve left, and how Thor started to feel happy again.

They were with their family wherever they went, supporting them.