CHAPTER 27

Tahimik lang na kinakain ni Sharalyn ang hiniwa niyang saging na may chocolate syrup habang nakatingin sa TV. Mag-isa lang siya sa unit ni Divine dahil may maagang meeting ito habang si Tess naman ay nasa bahay nina Divine.

She was bored for a whole week that she was staying at her best friend's unit. Wala siyang ibang magawa bukod sa kumain ng kumain dahil madalang lang siyang lumabas. She was about to eat the one slice of banana when her phone rang.

She frown when she saw Divine's name "Hello?" She started. "Tapos na ba ang meeting mo?" She added.

"Yeah. I just want to ask if you're okay. Aren't you bored? You can leave my condo and have fun" Divine said.

She smile on Divine's words for being a worried person. Isang linggo na rin na gano'n ang ginagawa nnito "I'm fine, Div. You've been asking me that for a week" she said.

"Because I'm worried about you" Divine immediately answered. "Buntis ka, Shasha. Normal lang na mag-alala ako dahil wala kang nakakasama sa condo ko lalo na ngayon, parehas kaming wala ni Nanay Tess para mabantayan ka."

She sighed. "I'm fine, Div. Buntis man ako pero kaya ko na ang sarili ko. Saka hindi na 'ko bata para bantayan."

"Kahit na. Kailangan mo pa ring mabantayan" pagpilit nito sa punto nito.

"I get your point, Div, but I really can take care of myself. You don't need to worry too much" she point out.

"Fine. Fine. Fine. Wala na kong sinabi" pagsuko nito.

She laughed because she won on their argument. Kahit na bored na bored na siya ay wala siyang balak na gumala dahil wala naman siyang gagawin sa labas at baka kung ano na naman ang makita niya.

"...maybe worried."

Napakurap-kurap siya ng marinig ang boses nito sa kabilang linya. "S-sorry. Ano ulit 'yon?"

She heard her best friend sighed on the other line that made her to bite her lower lips. She apologize again.

"I said, if you contacted your husband. He maybe worried" Divine repeated.

"I guess he's not."

"How so? Did you even tried to call him?" Divine asked.

"Hindi" sagot niya sa mababang boses.

"Then why did you say not if you didn't contacted him yet? If you didn't try to call him first?" Divine confusedly asked.

She went silent until she sighed. "Because I saw him with Lean... happily eating together" she reason out.

"Just that?"

"Yeah. Just that"

"My goodness, Shasha!" Divine said and she frown. "I tell you, don't easily judge whatever you see" she added.

"But I know from the very start that he will choose Lean over me" she reason out.

"Then why did you left? Why do you want him to decide if you already knew who will he choose?" Divine said that made her shut up. "Ano, gusto mo lang saktan ang sarili mo? Is that it?"